Spring in Florida is just around the corner! One of our favorite things to do at Disney World in the spring is take some time to visit the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. One of our favorite parts of that festival is the food! Disney has released the Outdoor Kitchen menus today. Details below.
Here are all of the details from Disney Cast Member Pam Brandon:
With two new Outdoor Kitchens and delectable eats all around World Showcase Promenade, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival highlights amazing gardens and topiaries, but tasty food and drink are a big part of the fun.
The 90-day festival from March 1-May 29 connects food to its roots with gardens at each Outdoor Kitchen that grow examples of the produce that’s being served. New kitchens this year are Northern Bloom and The Berry Basket, joining 13 returning Outdoor Kitchens.
Check out the food menus – it’s impossible to try everything in one visit, may need to visit the festival more than once! Each Outdoor Kitchen also include beverages to pair with the dishes. And there are vegetarian and gluten-friendly options along the way (we’ve noted below).
The festival, including all gardening programs, exhibits, concerts, special appearances and more, is included in regular Epcot admission. For more information visit www.epcotinspring.com. Be sure to share your favorite dishes using the hashtag, #FreshEpcot.
THE BERRY BASKET
- Lamb Chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique
- Field Greens with Fresh Strawberries, Blue Cheese, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans (vegetarian)
- Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepper Berry Sorbet (vegetarian)
- Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple-wood Smoked Bacon (gluten-friendly)
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
- Nanaimo Bar Trifle
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
- Pineapple Soft-Serve (vegetarian)
FLEUR DE LYS:
- Tarte à l’Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian Onion Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky
- Puff Pastry Crust (vegetarian)
- Poulet aux Écrevisses, Riz Pilaf: Baked Chicken with Crawfish served with Rice Pilaf
- Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam (gluten-friendly)
BAUERNMARKT: FARMER’S MARKET
- Potato Pancakes with House Made Apple Sauce (vegetarian)
- Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream
- Currywurst with Paprika Chips (gluten free)
- Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips
- Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries
TASTE OF MARRAKESH:
- Merguez “Hot Dog” Sausage: Spicy Beef and Lamb with Sautéed Onions and Green Peppers
- Home-Made Falafel with Pickled Beet and Turnip, Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce
- Baklava (vegan)
- Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Raspberry Coconut Rice,
sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream on the side (vegan)
- Ahi Tuna Poke Sesame Ginger
- Beef Teriyaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger
THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews:
- Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw
- Smoked Pork Ribs with Black Bean and Corn Salad (gluten free)
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños
- Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans (vegetarian)
- Antipasto Misto: Cerignola Olives, Sweet Soppressata and Salami, Ovolini, Mozzarella, Sweet Roasted Peppers, Ciabatta Bread
- Meatball Parmigiana: Hand-made Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana, Fresh Basil
- Strawberry Tiramisu: Ladyfingers, Mascarpone Cream and Marinated Strawberries topped with Strawberry Sauce
- Carne Asada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- Shrimp and Stone-ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro (gluten free)
- Florida Larder Board: Orlando-made Ricotta Cheese, Cahaba Farms Micro Onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic, Country Pâté and House-made Pickles
- Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries (vegetarian)
- Vegetable Spring Rolls (vegetarian)
JARDIN DE FIESTAS:
- Chile Relleno de Picadillo: Battered Poblano Pepper filled with Ground Beef covered with Tomato Sauce and garnished with Queso Fresco and Toasted Almonds
- Brocheta de Pollo con Salsa Morita: Grilled Chicken with Red and Green Bell Pepper served with Salsa Chile Morita and garnished with Micro-cilantro and Edible Flowers)
- Tres Leches: Vanilla Sponge Cake, Cajeta, Condensed Milk and Evaporated Milk and garnished with Orange Zest
URBAN FARM EATS:
- Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Arugula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction (gluten-friendly and vegetarian)
- Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragoût, Spring Vegetables and Fingerling Potatoes
- Crabless Cake with Crispy Vegetable Slaw, Lemon Vinaigrette and Old Bay Remoulade (vegetarian)
- Pear Cider-brined Shredded Corned Beef with Braised Cabbage and Pears and Branston Dressing
- House-made Potato and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare
- Freshly Baked Lemon Scone with Crème Fraîche and Mixed Berries (vegetarian and gluten-friendly)
LA ISLA FRESCA
- Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro
- Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce
- Caribbean Conch Salad with Avocado, Mango and Onions
- FlanCocho: Vanilla Caramel Custard with Chocolate Coffee Cake (vegetarian)
RELATED ARTICLE: 7 Reasons We Love Springtime at Disney World
by Christy Caby
Spring is in the air! Well, at least we are ready for it to be! Springtime at Walt Disney World is absolutely amazing and there is so much to do and see on property. Walt Disney World Resort already has more than you can do and see over the length of vacation, and then during spring time there is even more for you to enjoy! The restaurants roll out their spring menus, special events start and many other great things are happening. Here are 7 reasons why we love springtime at Disney World:
7 – Atlanta Braves Spring training
Each spring the Atlanta Braves call ESPN’s Wide World of Sports their home for spring training. This means that you can visit the complex and see the Braves during their training. You can also watch the Braves play pre-season games against other teams in the MLB, so even if the Braves aren’t your favorite team, there is a good chance that you could still see your favorite team play the Braves at the happiest place on Earth. It is definitely a big win for all you sports and baseball enthusiasts out there.
6 – Easter fun around all of Walt Disney World
Easter is a fun holiday at Walt Disney World. Some of the events you don’t have to be there on Easter Sunday to experience either. At the Magic Kingdom staring in early March, you are able to meet Mr. and Mrs. Bunny up until Easter Sunday. They are super cute and a lot of fun. On Easter Sunday there will also be the Easter processional and other Easter entertainment. At Epcot, also starting in early March you can participate in the Easter Egg Hunt around the World Showcase. You purchase a game card and apply the stickers once you have found the egg at each pavilion. You return it to receive a special surprise. Everyone in the family can play, so it is a lot of fun for everyone. On Easter Sunday, the favorite bunnies will also meet at the other parks so that you have more opportunities to get your picture with them. The Grand Floridian does an Easter egg display for guest to view. All of the resorts get into the action with themed Easter activities in the days leading up to the holiday, and many of the restaurants also serve brunches and other special meals. There is definitely tons of great activities and it is a great way to enjoy the holiday!
5 – The Weather
The weather in the spring is beautiful. It is definitely warm and sunny during the day, but it isn’t as hot as it is during the summer. You get to enjoy cooler evenings than you would at summer and the temps won’t be as high during the hottest part of the day as they will be in the summer. It is a much more comfortable time to visit and not feel like you are constantly overheating on your vacation. It is still important to stay hydrated and coated in sunscreen anytime that you are vacationing in Florida, but the impacts are far less when you aren’t dealing with the scorching summer heat.
4 – Flower & Garden Festival
Beginning in March and ending in May each year, Epcot is transformed to an amazing Flower & Garden festival with impressive topiaries, beautiful flower arrangements and so much more. With the event included educational booths and demonstrations that help educate guests on how to grow and care for all types of plants. There are also limited time food and beverage snack locations inspired by fresh produce and ingredients. There is so much to see and do that it would be very difficult to fit it all into one day, and still enjoy all the rides, shows and attractions that Epcot already has to offer. You will want to make sure that you have your camera ready for this one so that you can capture the all of the beauty around Epcot during this time. It really is breathtaking!
3 – St. Patty’s Day at Ragland Road
If you are Irish or just like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you don’t want to miss the celebration that takes place at Ragland Road. The celebration actually lasts all week with non-stop musical and dance entertainment performing every night. Ragland Road is an authentic Irish pub where you will find all of your favorite Irish dishes and beers. There are also Celtic face painters on hand for the event so that you can really dive into the celebration. It is so much fun, and an event that you will definitely want to find a sitter for! You will also be able to find St. Patrick’s Day ears and a few other themed merchandise items in the parks that you can purchase, too!
2 – Deals and discounts on resort packages
Every spring Disney announces various promotions and discounts on vacation packages and resort stays for the spring. You can usually get a discount on the cost of your stay when you utilize the discounts. You can even get great discounts as a Florida Resident or an Annual Passholder with special discounts offered on resort stays over the spring. It is a great time to visit Disney, and you can even save a few bucks on the stay, too! Don’t expect the free dining promotion during this time, as Disney hasn’t offered that promotion in the spring for a couple of years now.
1 – Longer park hours
Because springtime brings in crowds and visitors that are on their spring break vacation, the parks are open later to accommodate the increased crowds. You can expect the Magic Kingdom to open at late as 2AM and other parks open until at least 9 or 10PM. This gives you more time to enjoy the parks! The best recommendation to beat the crowds is to hit the parks right at opening and the morning hours, take a break around noon and the early afternoon when the parks are at their busiest and then return for the evening hours so that you can see all of the evening shows and then have the energy to stay until closing when the crowds and families with smaller children start to make their way out of the park after the fireworks! We love the parks at night! They are so beautiful!