We see you Hollywood Studios! Magic Kingdom has Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Epcot has International Festival of Holidays, and now Hollywood Studios is sledding into the holiday action by calling for a “Flurry of Fun”! Sure, we may miss The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights which blinked its last light in January of 2016, but THIS… this “Flurry of Fun”, shows Hollywood Studios is still anything but disappearing from the holiday scene! Ski with us through these seven flurries of fun you can expect this holiday season at Hollywood Studios.
1 – “Sunset Seasons Greetings”… What All The Holiday Cheer Is About!
New to the scene this year and creating all sorts of excitement is Hollywood Studios “Sunset Seasons Greetings” which will be taking place from November 9 through December 31, 2017. Many of us know Sunset Blvd as the road we scurry down to climb aboard two of Disney World’s most thrilling attractions, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster. We are thrilled now that we’ll have an amazing reason to slow down as Sunset Blvd takes center stage once night falls for all things appropriate for this season’s greetings. This 15-minute show runs continuously between 6:30pm – 8:00pm (double check times as they are subject to change!) and is best enjoyed between the Planet Hollywood Store down to Tower of Terror, so arrive early to catch a viewing spot in that area if possible. A few key features include the following:
- Billboards and Hollywood Tower Hotel Tell Tales: You may have noticed that Sunset Blvd is lined with two billboards that make the street feel even more like it’s taken straight out of California. Plus, Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror) is an obvious focal point of this strip. These billboards go LED and Hollywood Tower Hotel transforms for Sunset Seasons Greetings as they move and tell tales! Memorable characters share their love for the season through tales and the motion of the images align perfectly with the stories.
- Character Moments: Special characters you will hear from on the billboards include sweethearts, Mickey and Minnie, reminiscing about a hometown Christmas. Toy Story characters show off their wrapping skills. You’ll also hear from the Swedish Chef from The Muppets boasting about his gingerbread masterpieces… if you can decipher his babbling! And, worth waiting for (and melting for), Olaf channels his inner Elsa and freezes the winter wonderland.
- Snow: Maybe you’ve been fortunate enough to experience snow falling on Magic Kingdom’s Main Street U.S.A. during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, well Hollywood Studios took a chapter out of the Magic Kingdom book! As if the beautiful Christmas music and dancing lights over the palm trees isn’t enough, it snows on Sunset Blvd! Heads up however, as these are not flurries to stick your tongue out and catch. It’s actually a form of soap!
2 – Stepping Up Holiday Décor Around Echo Lake
Sure, Sunset Blvd is the star of the show when it comes to holiday décor at Hollywood Studios. We can say however that Echo Lake is following suite with enhanced holiday decorations worth pulling your camera out for. Boasting over-the-top ornaments, colorful garlands, and a lovely, giant Christmas Tree centered right in the middle of Echo Lake… this scene is enough to put Gertie, the big Dinosaur, into the festive spirit!
3 – Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM is Back By Popular Demand
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM is back by popular demand from its debut last year (2016). Holiday fireworks, awesome projections of classic and new characters, and superb Christmas music… this is an easy one to put on your holiday must-do list! Hollywood Studios rolls out the red carpet nightly for Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM beginning November 9 until December 31, 2017. Showtimes vary by the day, but typically a show will be at 6:30pm or 8:00pm. Check your Times Guide well in advance! This 14-minute show is hosted on the Chinese Theater and is narrated by the Prep and Landing cast. Catch scenes from Mickey’s Christmas Carol, Beauty and the Beast, Pluto’s Christmas Tree, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas and more.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party: Take your viewing of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM one step further with a reserved viewing area and a “jolly spread of specialty sweets and sips”! This special ticketed event is available with a reservation November 9 through December 31, 2017. Cost for guests November 9 to December 15 is $79 per adult; $45 per child ages 3 to 9. Cost for guests December 17 to December 31 is $89 per adult; $49 per child ages 3 to 9. Tax and gratuity are included. Enjoy this festive and tasty event with holiday-inspired desserts, snacks, beer, wine, specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Some desserts offered include candy cane brownies, holiday Mickey and Minnie sugar cookies, warm pumpkin pie spiced bread pudding, and sweet Yule Log. Plus, rumor has it guests will even have a chance to mingle with a VIP Disney Character! Don’t forget to take home your exclusive ornament passed out at the end of the party. Added bonus – this package also provides a reserved viewing section for Disney Movie Magic, a regular season projection show at Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: Star Wars fan, don’t fret! Check the Times Guide in advance as Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular still lights up the sky on occasion during the holiday season, typically a couple of hours after Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM on select nights. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular will go back to a regular schedule January 1, 2018.
4 – Minnie’s Holiday Dine
The table service restaurant, Hollywood and Vine, located in Hollywood Studios near Echo Lake is well known for terrific food and their beloved seasonal dining. This holiday season, Minnie is offering a “Minnie’s Holiday Dine” from November 6, 2017 through January 7, 2018. Reservations are highly recommended as they do fill up fast! Minnie, Mickey, Daisy, Donald and Goofy are typically available for the lunch and dinner celebrations and are known for sporting their holidays best which makes for awesome pictures! You can expect to pay around $50 per adult and $30 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Some dining plans are accepted if you prefer to go that route!
5 – Foodie’s Guide to Festive Eats
Starting November 5, a foodie’s dream of holiday sweets and treats is offered for a wonderful sugar rush… Hollywood Studios style!
- Holiday Treats: Cookies and gingerbread pops are located at various locations throughout the park. Drop by ABC Commissary, Rosie’s All-American Café, Catalina Eddie’s, Sweet Spells, and/or The Trolley Car Café for a “Prep and Landing”- themed gingerbread cupcake! An Olaf inspired cupcake is also available at ABC Commissary, Rosie’s All-American Café, Catalina Eddie’s, Fairfax Fare and Sweet Spells. For more Olaf, try an Olaf Pop at Gertie’s Ice Cream of Extinction, an Olaf Sundae at Hollywood Scoops, and Sugar Frosted Fruit Bites at Pretzel Palooza. Olaf even has a drink mentioned below. Check out the red velvet whoopie pies at Sweet Spells and Fairfax Fare which are tree-shaped and decorated with icing garland, ornament pearls, and holiday sprinkles. Scoops and Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner are offering an apple cranberry cobbler! Even holiday popcorn mix with marshmallows, pretzels, & M&Ms with drizzled chocolate is available at popcorn carts throughout the park.
- Holiday Beverages: No holiday treat is complete without a cup of hot cocoa which is available (with marshmallows of course!) at ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, PizzeRizzo, Rosie’s All-American Café, Catalina Eddie’s, Fairfax Fare, and Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner. Olaf tasty treats are available as mentioned above, as is an Olaf-themed sipper that comes filled with a “Frozen” beverage.
- Holiday ADULT Beverages: Adults, looking for more holiday “spirit”? Guests over the age of 21 can enjoy hot chocolate beverages offered at Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner and Fairfax Fare which include options like a hot chocolate martini, Bailey’s Salted Caramel hot chocolate, black cherry bourbon hot chocolate, and a hot chocolate flight where you can sample all three. We must not forget to mention the Peppermint White Russian, a Winterberry Cooler, and a “Let It Glow” drink consisting of vodka and blue-raspberry frozen carbonated beverage with a glow cube at various locations around Echo Lake and Sunset Boulevard.
6 – Santa Claus (and Santa Goofy!)
Of course, Walt Disney World has an “in” with the jolly, big man himself… SANTA CLAUS! Santa is headed to Hollywood Studios to listen to your Christmas wish-list as well as pose for photos. Santa is available on Sunset Blvd inside Once Upon a Time from November 9 to December 24, 2017. Santa heads out Christmas Eve to deliver presents to all the good girls and boys while Santa Goofy steps in at Hollywood Studios to share his “goofy” Christmas joy from December 25 to 31, 2017.
7 – Sing-Along To Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
Warm Hugs from Olaf are wonderful anytime of the year… but extra special during the holiday season! Olaf’s Meet and Greet on Disney World’s website shows the last open meet and greet hours for the season to be November 18, 2017. As of November 19, Olaf’s Meet and Greet is not open through the holiday season. This makes sense however as Olaf is joining the cast of ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration’ located in the Hyperion Theater with Anna, Elsa and Kristoff. For the holidays, the show will include all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short, “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
Well, that’s a wrap! Have an amazingly, flurry fun-filled holiday at Hollywood Studios!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.