Many guests will visit Walt Disney World the week of Christmas which is historically one of the busiest times of the year. But guests visiting during the less busy weeks leading up to Christmas don’t have to miss out on the holiday festivities. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a separate ticketed event held on select nights at Magic Kingdom theme park in November and December from 7 pm to 12 am. Prices begin at $95 to $105 plus tax, per person. Prices depend on the date of the party and advance purchase prices are often cheaper. There are also discounts for Military and Annual Passholders on select nights. You may be wondering what all the hype is about, so here are 6 things you’ll love about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.
6 – Limited Ticketed Event
Each Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party night has a limited number of tickets available, and once a specific night is sold out, no additional tickets for that night can be sold. This means that guests can experience this special event with fewer crowds. If you are looking to ride the attractions you will find short wait times for even the most popular attractions at Magic Kingdom, including Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain. Other attractions will have a short wait during the party.
5 – Delicious Holiday Treats
While you are enjoying the attractions, character meet and greets and all the great entertainment options you may find yourself getting a little hungry. Joining the hot chocolate and snickerdoodle cookies guests have enjoyed in years past, new complimentary treats were available in 2017. We will update the 2018 treats when they become available.
- Tortuga Tavern: Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno-Cone
- Liberty Square Ticket Office: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
- The Friar’s Nook: Silky Smooth DOVE® Chocolate and Sparkling Apple Cider (candies provided by DOVE® Chocolate and J&J Snack Foods)
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow: Peppermint Crunch Cookie and Nestle® Nesquik®
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies: Santa Claus Cookie and Sno-Cone
Note: Alternative healthy and gluten-free options are available upon reques
Other holiday treats are available for purchase throughout the park. Here is a list of treats found throughout the park:
- Yule Log: white chocolate mousse, raspberry mouse, cassis pate de fruit and chocolate flourless cake @ the Main Street Bakery.
- Yule Log: chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and ganache featuring Chip and Dale and Donald Duck @ Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe.
- Enchanted Christmas Belle Dessert: a gluten-friendly flourless chocolate cake filled with white chocolate peppermint mousse and covered in a yellow glaze with a chocolate garnish featuring Belle @ Gaston’s Tavern.
- Tinker Bell Dessert: another gluten-friendly opiton-chocolate peppermint mousse, raspberry mousse, and dark chocolate mousse with a flourless chocolate cake bottom. It’s also covered in a green glaze and garnished with a chocolate piece featuring Tinker Bell @ Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
- Sandy Claws Cake Push-Pop: Sandy Claws is filled his dessert with layers of orange vanilla cake, cranberry cherry mousse, white crispy pearls, cream cheese buttercream and holiday sprinkles. It’s also topped with a chocolate piece featuring none other than Sandy Claws, himself @ Sleepy Hollow.
- Red Velvet Mickey Waffles: red velvet mickey waffles with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and holiday sprinkles @ Sleepy Hollow.
- Egg Nog: egg nog custard dessert, topped with spiced chocolate cake, meringue and an edible Scrooge McDuck gold coin @ Storybook Treats.
4 – Holiday Wishes Fireworks
Holiday Wishes is a special nighttime spectacular shown at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party instead of the regular Happily Ever After nighttime spectacular. During this display the sky above Cinderella’s Castle is lit up with holiday cheer. This special holiday version of Wishes is hosted by Jiminy Cricket and the finale even features artificial snow! You will love this holiday display of fireworks and music!
3 – Special Character Meet and Greets
If you love meeting characters, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party offers some great opportunities to meet some classic and rare characters. Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas often makes an appearance as “Sandy Claus.” Another Christmas Party fan favorite is the Seven Dwarfs, who normally can only be seen at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The dwarfs do not sign autographs but it is your chance to get your photo with all seven of them at once! You’ll also find Scrooge McDuck! Many other character meet and greet locations are located throughout the park, and classic Disney characters are wearing their Christmas outfits or winter wear.
2 – Holiday Themed Shows
During the party there are several special holiday themed shows. A Frozen Holiday Wish, which takes place on the Castle Forecourt Stage features Anna and Elsa from Frozen. In this show Elsa uses her powers to turn Cinderella Castle into an ice palace. Over 200 strands of LED lights light up Cinderella Castle in this display. Another great show that takes place several times throughout the party on the Castle Forecourt Stage is Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration. Here is the story behind the stage joy:
“Mickey is thrilled that the holidays are here, and he knows the only way to make this season more special, is to share it with friends. So he’s throwing a Most Merriest Celebration and inviting lots of Disney pals—and you—to join the festive fun!
Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto are dropping by dressed in their Christmas best. Peter Pan is flying in from Never Land, Alice and the White Rabbit are hurrying over from Wonderland and Woody and Jessie from Toy Story are galloping in for this holiday ho ho hoedown. Plus, Snow White and Dopey, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket and many more surprise guests will be stopping by.
This joyous performance is the perfect yuletide treat to share with your family. You’ll hear favorite Characters ring and sing in the holidays with carols old and new—more than a dozen delightful songs in all! You’ll witness the splendor of Cinderella Castle—aglow with enchanting and ever-changing holiday illuminations. And you’ll feel the warmth and wonder of the season as this unforgettable performance is Christmas-wrapped up in one sensational, snowy, show-stopping finale.”
1 – Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is shown twice during each party night with the parade beginning in Frontierland and ending on Main Street U.S.A. If you are going to be staying later or for the entire party it is typically less crowded during the second parade, making it easier to find a spot. Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade features festive holiday music and some of your favorite characters decked out in their holiday outfits. You can expect to see Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, Anna and Elsa, Olaf, Pooh and Tiger and the Seven Dwarfs as they dance down the street with Elves, and Gingerbread men. The parade concludes with Santa Claus aboard his sleigh wishing Christmas cheer to all! This parade is also shown as the daytime parade at Magic Kingdom during the week of Christmas, but you can see it during the party without the crazy holiday crowds.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a fun filled special event. You will love the access to the attractions, character meet and greets, entertainment offerings and complimentary cookies and hot cocoa. Have you been to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party before? What was your favorite thing about the event?
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.