It’s hard to believe 2020 is here! As always, with the New Year comes resolutions and dreams that we hope to accomplish with the fresh start of January 1st. Dream big for 2020 by adding a dose of Disney to your New Year’s resolutions. Check out these Disney World New Year’s Resolutions that with a little bit of “faith, trust, and pixie dust” can make 2020 the best year yet!
1 – Start Saving for the Next Disney World Vacation
Alright Scrooge McDuck, it’s time to head to the bank and set up a separate savings account for future Disney trips. Setting up a separate account (better yet at a separate bank) will make it harder for all the little things that pop up to drain your vacation fund. Add small amounts over time and before you know it, you’ll be ready to head to Disney.
2 – Plan the Most Magical Trip
Whether you’ve never stepped foot on Disney World property or have been to Disney a hundred times now, it’s never too late to plan your most magical trip yet for 2020. You’ve worked hard, so now is the time to play hard with the trip of your dreams. Pick a Disney Resort you’ve always wanted to stay at, eat at the restaurants that appeal the most to you, splurge on a special ticketed event (such as Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party), purchase that one souvenir you’ve always wanted, and plan to hug all your favorite characters (especially Olaf… his are warm!).
3 – Take Advantage of the Latest Discounts
Be on the hunt for the latest discounts this year by checking out Disney World’s Special Offers, Deals and Discounts page. Discounts are available for rooms, dining, tickets (including annual passes), and even Memory Maker. Check out this page before settling into your plans as some discounts require specific dates, length of stay, and amount of days on your ticket. We also recommend checking out the Disney Visa Card, as this card has its perks both with financial rewards and in park rewards. Florida residents, we especially recommend Tables of Wonderland and being sure you are receiving discounted tickets. Reading websites also helps find discounts – especially this one we really like called DisneyLists (wink, wink).
4 – Prepare for What’s New at Disney
2020 is going to be an awesome year at Disney with happenings such as:
- Guests can be among the first to experience Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, the first ride-through attraction featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, set to debut March 4, 2020, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Anything can happen on this unpredictable adventure through the cartoon world of Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning® “Mickey Mouse” shorts, powered by state-of-the-art technology and dazzling visual effects.
- Mickey Shorts Theater will debut in March 2020 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, showing an original short film in the style of the popular Disney Channel animated series “Mickey Mouse.”
- Three new films will debut January 17, 2020, at Epcot, on the same day the Epcot International Festival of the Arts begins:
- “Awesome Planet” in The Land pavilion showcases the Earth’s beauty and diversity in a 10-minute film featuring spectacular imagery, in-theater effects and an original musical score from Academy Award-winning® composer Steven Price.
- “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” in the France pavilion is directed and produced by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” films, and invites guests to participate in a twist on a tale as old as time. It also features narration from Angela Lansbury, who played Mrs. Potts in the original film. The new sing-along will run in rotation with “Impressions de France,” which will receive an upgrade to 4K projection.
- “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” in the Canada pavilion is an update to the previous “O Canada!” film with new scenes, a new musical score by Canadian composer Andrew Lockington and new narration by award-winning actors Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy.
And these are just a few items we know are coming in 2020. Can you imagine the great happenings that we aren’t even aware of yet?! We can’t wait!
5 – Become a Disney Vacation Club Member
If you’ve ever wondered what Disney Vacation Club is all about, 2018 is the year to ask questions and do your research. Without DVC, we personally would not be able to go to Disney World as much as we do now. Plus, if we want to change it up and stay somewhere else (locations around the world!), we can save tremendously on rooms. We especially like the discounts offered on special ticketed events, merchandise, and dining. We are DVC fans!
6 – Stay Disney Fit
This is one trick that helps us stay in shape. Just think – while visiting Disney you will likely be taking lots of photos and you’ll be in lots of pictures… hence, motivation to get in shape before the big trip. Buy a Disney shirt online a size smaller than what you normally would wear and make that shirt a goal to fit into before your Disney vacation. When visiting Disney, sure go a little crazy with food, but keep in mind that Disney has tons of healthy food options and fantastic walking/running trails. Plus, let’s not forget runDisney events where running just seems easier when Disney is involved.
7 – Make a Disney Recipe at Home
Do you have a favorite Disney dessert or meal that you just can’t wait to taste again? This is the year to recreate that Disney masterpiece right in your own home! Disney cookbooks are all over bookstores with various mouthwatering recipes. We’ve even spotted some of our favorite Disney recipes online for free. Throw on your Disney apron, get the family involved, and make 2018’s meals anything but mundane with a hint of Disney in the mix. Your family will thank you!
8 – Become a Disney Cast Member
That’s right – work for Disney! For those of you that have always said, “I want to work for Disney”, maybe 2020 is your year! Disney is always hiring for various positions, all with different requirements and pay scales. Check out Disney Careers and plan for a future with a mouse for a boss!
Here’s to 2020’s goofy moments, grumpy moments, happy moments, frozen-in-time moments, villain-type moments, and our favorite – magical moments.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.