We get it! Your mind is in the game, and you’re ready to knock out your Hollywood Studios plan with little to no obstructions. Stopping for food can seem like a waste of time so you push on and let the stomach grumble. Hold up! You’re at Disney! If you’re stomach is grumbling, you’re doing it all wrong. That’s right – Disney has some of the best quick, grab and go eats on this planet. Even better, you’re at Hollywood Studios which is known as a foodie’s quick eats paradise! So, steady your pace. Refuel your mind and body with one or more of these 11 best quick eats, all while keeping a healthy pace to conquer your day at Hollywood Studios.
1 – Breakfast Burrito or Sandwich
Give yourself a morning delight by slowing your roll while snagging a delicious and simple breakfast burrito or sandwich. The most popular place you’ll find a breakfast burrito at Hollywood Studios is the Trolley Car Café on Hollywood Boulevard. Here you can pick up a seared Steak, Egg and Tomatillo Wrap. Gluten-free friends, Trolley Café even has a GF Smoked Canadian Bacon and Eggs Sandwich if you so desire. Unfortunately, this location tends to be busy in the mornings as it is Starbucks after all. We’d recommend the Dockside Diner in Echo Lake for a quick breakfast with the Egg White Breakfast Burrito or the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito. You could also check out Fairfax Fare on Sunset Boulevard for their yummy Breakfast Sandwich with scrambled eggs, ham, swiss and spinach. Breakfast done right!
2 – Cupcakes
Let’s not be shy. We must admit we are huge fans of Hollywood Studios cupcakes! They have multiple cupcake options. Some of them change from time to time depending on the season and what’s trending, so be sure to double check these babies are at the spot mentioned below before having your heart set on a certain cupcake and location.
- Kylo Ren Cupcake @ Backlot Express: This cupcake is currently called the Kylo Ren Cupcake but you may have heard of it called the Darth Vader Cupcake in the past. Same great cupcake – different name. It’s a chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate peanut butter buttercream icing. Plus, it’s topped with an evil but delicious Kylo Ren chocolate.
- BB-9E Cupcake @ Backlot Express: Yep, BB-8’s evil Star Wars twin even has a cupcake! This one is a vanilla cake topped with vanilla buttercream icing and a chocolate BB-9E.
- Olaf Cupcake @ ABC Commissary: Just WOW. This one is a fantastic chocolate marshmallow cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting and a large white chocolate Olaf topper.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Cupcake @ ABC Commissary: Another trending cupcake is the Solo cookies and cream cupcake – of course, in celebration of the most recent Star Wars film addition. This cupcake is topped with cookie crumble buttercream frosting and chocolate rocks.
- Seasonal Cupcake @ Fairfax Fare: Fairfax has a seasonal cupcake, so you can definitely expect this one to change on you. In the past, they have had a Goofy’s Birthday Celebration vanilla cupcake topped with vanilla icing and sprinkles. Happy Birthday, Goofy!
- Mickey Cupcake and/or Specialty Cupcake @ Trolley Car Café: You can always find some sort of tasty and fun themed cupcake at Trolley Car Café. The flavors do vary but can include the usual chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, peanut butter, toffee, and others!
3 – Pretzel
Pretzels have always had a special place at Walt Disney World. Every park has pretzel offerings from a standard pretzel to unique flavors and dipping sauces. The best place to get your memorable Mickey Pretzel with cheese sauce is from Anaheim Produce located on Sunset Boulevard. Looking for something different? Snag a Bavarian Pretzel with beer cheese fondue and spicy mustard from Baseline Tap House on Grand Avenue.
4 – Ice Cream Sandwich
Two words… Hollywood Scoops! This little spot on Sunset Boulevard has THE amazing ice cream sandwich. That’s right, scoops of ice cream smushed perfectly between two fresh-baked cookies. Pick your flavor: Chocolate, Vanilla, Orange Sherbet, Strawberry, Cookies ‘n Cream, Mint-Chocolate Chip, Butter Pecan, Fat-free, No Sugar Added Vanilla. Let the wonderful Cast Members work their magic – and then the heavenly treat is served out of the Hollywood Scoops window in all it’s glory. Go ahead… Insta this one and tag us @DisneyLists_com!
5 – Spiced Almonds
We mentioned Baseline Tap House above for a pretzel, but have you tried their house-made Spiced Almonds yet? This is a great snack to grab and go – just be aware that your family and friends will likely want to steal them from you as they are addictive! They have a sweet and spicy twist that partners beautifully with one of their many beers on tap.
6 – Churros
It seems like the Churros in Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion and in Magic Kingdom get all the attention. Don’t forget however that Hollywood Studios also dishes out great churros that never seem to last long in our hands! These fried, sugar and cinnamon coated delights are served with chocolate sauce if you’d like at Anaheim Produce on Sunset Boulevard.
7 – Hot Dog
Who doesn’t love a good hot dog? Head over to the Dockside Diner and order their Carolina All-Beef Foot Long Hot Dog which is topped with pulled pork and coleslaw. It’s incredible and a filling quick eat option! If chili-cheese is your thing, order the Chili-Cheese All-Beef Foot Long Hot Dog. Another location to snag a Chili-Cheese Dog (or just a regular, all-beef hot dog) is the KRNR The Rock Station stand just outside of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. But, maybe wait until AFTER you’ve rocked out on this coaster to eat one.
8 – Funnel Cake
There is a oone-stopshop for the ideal Funnel Cake at Hollywood Studios… Oasis Canteen located in Echo Lake. It’s a funnel cake, so while it’s grab and go style food – it can be a messy option (but that just makes it all the better)! How do you order your funnel cake? Powdered sugar, Cinnamon Sugar, or maybe with strawberry topping and soft-serve vanilla ice cream with chocolate drizzle? Go big or go home.
9 – Onion Straws or Rings
Probably the easiest quick eat option is when the food item is easy to use two fingers to eat. If this is what you’re looking for, head over to Rosie’s All-American Café on Sunset Boulevard and order a side of the yummy Onion Straws. Onions are just better when they are fried in straw form and served with a side of Texas Petal Sauce! In the ring mood? Tune-In Lounge is a great place to order Beer-battered Onion Rings with horseradish sauce. Calories don’t count at Disney!
10 – Lunch Box Tarts
The tarts are available at Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land are delicious. They are available all day. Two kinds of tarts have made their debut:
- Raspberry Lunch Box Tart: raspberry marmalade stuffed pastry coated in strawberry fondant and crispy pearls.
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart: chocolate-hazelnut stuffed pastry coated in maple fondant and bacon bits (that’s right – we said BACON!)
A slightly different version of the Tarts are served at the Trolley Car Café off Hollywood Boulevard in changing flavors that may include a S’mores Tart or Salted Caramel Tart.
11 – Potato Barrels
And one more that Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land – the Potato Barrels! We are big fans of all things tater tot-‘ish’, and we are ready to grab a couple of orders and pop them in while we’re strolling the park.
Any “quick eats” you’d add to this list? We’d love to hear from you!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.