2019 is already set to be a huge year at Disney World with the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. But wait, there’s more. Disney World has revealed 19 other NEW experiences and limited-time experiences coming to Disney World in 2019! They’ve also answered a question that’s been bugging us all summer. “What’s going to happen to Pixar Place and Hollywood Studios?” And the answer is way better than we were hoping for! They all sound amazing! Catch all the details below!
Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Jeremy Schoolfield:
Now, more than ever it’s time to start planning your 2019 Walt Disney World Resort vacation because there will be more to see, do, taste and experience here next year than ever before! Whatever your passion for Disney, there’s a big dose of pixie dust waiting for you at all four parks.
Love Mickey and Minnie Mouse? Want to get wild with “The Lion King”? Feel like playing with your Pixar pals? Or maybe live music is your thing? All this and more will be waiting for you next year. Here’s a glance at 19 new and limited-time experiences to look forward to in 2019 at Walt Disney World Resort!
Starting Jan. 18…
1. In honor of the true originals, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will bring new music, dancing and all sorts of other fun to Magic Kingdom Park.
2. For starters, the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” at Magic Kingdom Park will invite you to dance with Mickey, Minnie and their pals in front of Cinderella Castle. Shake it along with live singers belting out new arrangements of classic “Mickey Mouse Club” songs.
3. The Dapper Dans and other entertainers on Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom Park will sing songs in honor of Mickey and Minnie.
4. Look for special Mickey- and Minnie-themed merchandise and food at Magic Kingdom Park to make this party complete.
5. And this is a Surprise Celebration, after all, so you can expect more Limited-Time Magic entertainment and other experiences to pop up periodically around Magic Kingdom Park.
6. The Incredibles are coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block.
7. At the end of the block, a party will be held in honor of Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, and Frozone to celebrate their Super deeds.
8. Meet the one and only Edna Mode – the greatest super suit designer! She will set up a special location on Pixar Place showcasing some of her best creations (no capes!).
9. Also on Pixar Place, look for clues to the whereabouts of the youngest Incredible, the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack.
10. Elsewhere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a door to the monster world will open inside Walt Disney Presents, where you’ll have a chance to meet Mike and Sulley from Pixar’s Monsters, Inc.
11. Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ “The Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom along with Timon and Rafiki in the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island. Let your inner animal roam free on the dance floor in this raucous party!
12. Also at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, have fun posing in front of special three-dimensional photo opportunities re-creating scenes from the animated classic.
13. The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is back! This year’s special event takes place Jan. 18 – Feb.25, allowing you to indulge in world-class culinary, visual and performing arts.
14. The Disney on Broadway Concert Series is expanding to seven days a week during the Festival of the Arts, so you’ll have even more opportunities to experience some Disney musical magic live on stage.
And later in the year…
15. Welcome spring’s arrival with the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, returning March 6 – June 3 with its wide selection of delectable bites at outdoor kitchens and dozens of Disney-themed topiaries blooming around the park.
16. Even better, this year’s Garden Rocks Concert Series expands, as well, to seven days a week during the Flower & Garden Festival, which means a total of 270 concerts over the course of the 90-day event.
17. Ka-Chow! Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy rolls into Disney’s Hollywood Studios in spring 2019. In this new show experience, you’ll come face to face with Lightning and learn from his years of experience on the track.
18. Outside the Racing Academy, you’ll get to meet Lightning McQueen’s speedy pal, Cruz Ramirez.
19. If you haven’t visited Walt Disney World Resort recently, then there’s even more for you to explore and experience. Become an honorary toy at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, travel to the bioluminescent planet of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom or wish a fond farewell to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” – the nighttime spectacular at Epcot – before its conclusion scheduled for the second half of 2019.
Whew…that’s a lot! Now, more than ever you’ll want to be here for it all. Don’t wait to book your vacation – visit DisneyWorld.com to get started!
RELATED ARTICLE: First Look and Impressions of Toy Story Land Now Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
by Chad and Cindy Nykamp
Toy Story land officially opened on June 30, 2018, and it’s been a huge hit! The project was announced on August 15, 2015. Just under three years later, the new 11-acre land has opened and everyone is excited to experience it! We’ve thoroughly enjoyed our time in the land and we’re excited for you to experience it too. Read on for our full review below.
1 – You Are a Toy!
The new Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World Resort, inspired by Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story films, turns guests of all ages into “honorary toys” and allows them to “play big” in the whimsical world of a child’s imagination. In Toy Story Land, Woody, Jessie, Buzz Lightyear, Slinky Dog, Green Army Men and other fun-loving Toy Story characters come to life in the outdoor setting of Andy’s backyard. A world of toys surrounds guests: giant building blocks, Tinkertoys, yo-yos, board-game pieces, dominoes, Scrabble tiles, and even a giant roller coaster set. The entire land encourages the best playtime ever. It really is a very cool themed land. The land is very immersive and you’ll actually feel like you are in Andy’s backyard.
2 – Theming
Toy Story Land also celebrates what defines entertainment for kids of all ages. Crayola crayons, a Rubik’s Cube, Cooties, and other toys and games pour on the nostalgia for park-goers – and fascinate young ones. With building blocks around every corner, there are lampposts shaped like Tinkertoys and benches built from Lincoln Logs and K’nex pieces. A balsa-wood glider, a Barrel of Monkeys, giant playing cards and jacks add to the visual tapestry of the new land.
Sheriff Woody, standing nearly 20 feet tall, welcomes all to Toy Story Land by jauntily leaning on a tall assemblage of colorful wooden blocks, tipping his wide-brimmed hat to guests while holding onto his trusty lasso.
“With set pieces, staging, attractions and experiences, Toy Story Land represents the best of Walt Disney Imagineering’s collaboration with our storytelling partners at Pixar Animation Studios,” said Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products. “This new land will place guests inside the wondrous world of Woody, Buzz and their pals – and invite everyone to experience the joy of being a toy.”
Be on the lookout for some great themed items such as popsicle stick benches and domino seats. We’re sure they are hidden Mickey’s, but we didn’t have time to find them yet (email us if you spot any). It will be a lot of fun to explore the land more fully in the next few months!
3 – Slinky Dog Dash
The main attraction for this new land is Slinky Dog Dash. From his Dash & Dodge Mega Coaster Kit, Andy has assembled his roller coaster for maximum family fun. But instead of just using the roller coaster vehicle that came with the kit, Andy has put his Slinky Dog on the track. The result is a family-friendly thrill ride around the backyard that includes two launches. Tracks and supports in bright colors of red, orange, yellow and blue were snapped together according to Andy’s hand-drawn plans. Rex and Jessie helped by stringing lights above Andy’s stacked Jenga game pieces. To complete his creation, Andy picked everyone’s favorite floppy-eared dachshund with a stretching coil body – Slinky Dog – and dropped it onto the coaster track. Slinky Dog Dash is inspired by the delightful pooch spinoff of Slinky, the classic 1940s American toy. Riders of all ages delight as Slinky Dog bends and twists his coils (you’ll hear that sound on the ride) around curves, over hills, and down drops in the Slinky-est coaster ever. In each 18-passenger coaster train, riders zip around and above Toy Story Land, catching great vistas of all the new land has to offer. In a first for a Disney coaster, Slinky Dog Dash features a second launch at its midpoint as riders experience cool sound effects and spinning lights, darting through a series of rings. You’ll actually be pulled back, just like you would pull a toy car back before you dash forward on your way to the attraction’s finale featuring Wheezy, the squeaky penguin from the Toy Story films.
I absolutely loved this attraction. The coaster is well-themed and a whole lot of fun. The second launch is really unique and is a one of a kind experience—it’s the first two launch coaster at any Disney park. This attraction is great for kids of all ages. It’s been dubbed a great family coaster, and almost everyone will enjoy it. This attraction has been compared to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. However, we would rank it one notch higher on the thrill meter, but less intense than Big Thunder Mountain. It’s a much a smoother ride. You’ll find yourself higher off the ground at times, so keep that in mind when trying to decide if it’s right for small children. The height requirement is 38 inches. Young kids should love this ride just as much as the adults!
Want to experience Slinky Dog Dash now? Click here to ride with us on this amazing coaster!
4 – Alien Swirling Saucers
The second attraction added to the land is a spin ride called Alien Swirling Saucers. Brace yourself for out-of-this-world thrills because the Aliens have powered up their flying saucers! Alien Swirling Saucersimmerses guests in the playful world of Andy’s imagination. This galactic space toy is designed as a playset Andy won at the Pizza Planet restaurant. The adorable little green Aliens from Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story swirl about in toy rocket ships with guests in tow, while “The Claw” hangs overhead. Two sets of 11 saucer/rocket-ship pairings spin guests through a multi-colored galaxy to a raucous, energetic musical beat.
This attraction has the same ride track as Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at Disney’s California Adventure. I don’t normally do spin rides, but I did try this out to experience it. It’s nothing like the Tea Cups, but if you suffer from motion sickness, you may need to sit this one out. However, most people will adore this attraction. It’s just so much fun. The sights and sounds will make this one a favorite for many!
Want to experience Alien Swirling Saucers now? Click here to ride along with us!
5 – Toy Story Mania!
While Andy’s away, the toys will play! Toy Story Mania!– one of the most popular attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – receives a colorful all-new entrance. Evoking the fun in store, the entrance is actually the box Andy’s Toy Story Mania!game came in. Recently updated with a third track, the attraction allows even more guests to experience the carnival playset action, using virtual objects from baseballs to creampies to hit targets in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced scenarios. To the highest scorer go the bragging rights!
6 – Woody’s Lunch Box
When it’s time for on-the-go refreshments, Woody’s Lunch Box serves tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window in a setting surrounded by Andy’s favorite toys and a giant vintage thermos. Order a grilled three-cheese sandwich (delicious!), grab a seat under festooned lighting at a Tinkertoy table and take in the scene. You’ll even spot Sarge, the Green Army Men leader, in a tower on the lookout for Andy. Woody’s Lunch Box features Mini Babybel cheese – the Official Snack Cheese of Walt Disney World Resort. Babybel’s famous cheese wheel also provides inspiration for fun chairs and tables nearby. Make sure you get the Lunch Box Tarts-available in raspberry and chocolate-hazelnut flavors. Although they are sort of like Pop Tarts in design, these Disney treats are so delicious they blow away a regular Pop Tart. They were our favorite item on the menu!
7 – Merchandise
Twomerchandiselocations – a toy camper and toy dump truck – offer shoppers logo merchandise, must- have collectibles and unique gifts sure to become long-lasting memories of their time in Toy Story Land. Special items sure to become guest favorites are small-scale replica toys of the attraction vehicles, a Slinky Dog that can be a tabletop toy or double as a fashionable accessory, and colorful headbands sprouting an Alien or Slinky Dog himself.
8 – Character Interactions
To add to the fun, Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and their pals appear throughout the land. The Green Army Drum Corps creates a playfully percussive rhythm, and Sarge and the Green Army Patrol march through the land, playing games with guests in a fun and interactive boot camp – ten-hut!
9 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios Expansion
Toy Story Land is part of a multi-year reimagining of Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the largest expansion in the theme park’s history. Next year will see the premiere of the all-new, 14-acre Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This new land will allow guests to visit Black Spire Outpost, a remote trading port on the edge of wild space, where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life – and where guests will find themselves in the middle of the action. Also coming in 2019 is Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. The first Mickey-themed ride-through attraction in Disney Parks history will feature new technology, dazzling visual effects and mind-boggling transformations that put guests in the wacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon short. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is transforming into a place where everyone can play together and experience their own adventures in the immersive worlds of their cinematic imagination.
Can’t wait to see the new land? Click here to watch our walkthrough of the new land!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.