The summer season is here and there’s no better time to visit a Disney Water Park. For the second summer, Disney is offering an after-hours event at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon called H2O Glow Nights. It’s a chance to experience the water park after hours with very limited guests, specialty foods and beverages, and exclusive entertainment and merchandise. We so enjoyed our time at H2O Glow Nights last summer and can’t wait to attend again this year! Here are seven reasons to check out H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon!
Disney Cast Member Jacqueline Logan shares the details:
H2O Glow Nights are back at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon for a second summer and I could not be more excited! Inspired by the popular Toy Story Toon, “Partysaurus Rex,” this exclusive after-hours party will take place on select nights from May 30 to August 24, 2019.
Dates: Every Thursday and Saturday from May 30 through August 24, 2019—except for June 20.
- May 30, 2019
- June 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 22, 27 and 29, 2019
- July 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 and 27, 2019
- August 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22 and 24, 2019
Times: 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Guests with event tickets may arrive early, beginning at 6:00 PM)
Here are my top seven reasons you should add H2O Glow to your summer 2019 bucket list.
1 – Enjoy More Attractions and Spend Less Time Waiting
Cowabunga dude! Going to an after-hours party at Disney guarantees a smaller crowd and shorter wait times. H2O Glow Nights are no different. With all of the Typhoon Lagoon attractions open throughout the night, the only question is which attraction will you visit first?
2 – Experience Typhoon Lagoon In A New Light
“Magical” is the first word that comes to mind when describing the lighting effects used to put the glow in H2O Glow Nights. From the colorful ice cubes in the drinks to the neon hula hoops on the dance floor, any true Disney fan will appreciate the details that make this event so unique.
3 – Meet Your Favorite Characters from “Toy Story”
If you haven’t gotten to meet Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie – this is your chance! And what’s more, rumor has it, an inflatable Forky, from the all-new movie, “Toy Story 4,” will join the fun. You heard it here first!
4 – Explore Adults-Only Venue
H2O Glow Nights truly has something for everyone- including adults! Designed with adult partygoers in mind, “The Wharf” features special entertainment and a bar. Glowritas anyone?
5 – Show Off Your Dance Moves
By day, the sandy beaches of Typhoon Lagoon are perfect for soaking up the sun and scoping out the Surf Pool. By night, the beaches transform into a high-energy DJ-hosted dance party you won’t want to miss.
6 – Purchase Exclusive Glow-In-The-Dark Merchandise
What better way to commemorate your H2O Glow Nights experience than taking home your own piece of the party. Our exclusive new merchandise collection includes a glow-in-the-dark T-shirt and a Tervis tumbler and features artwork inspired by the event.
7 – Amazing Selection of Food and Beverages
You’ll want to come hungry to this event! The menu items at H2O Glow Nights are photogenic, delicious and themed to complement the glow party atmosphere. From the Western Beef Brisket Dish to the Buzz Blaster, it’s hard to choose a favorite!
Disney Cast Member Alex Dunlap shares the Foodie Guide for the event here:
Get ready to splash into summer with H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. This exciting glow party has returned once again to the water park, bringing even more flashy, splashy, glow-in-the-dark fun!
During Disney H2O Glow Nights, the park transforms into an electric celebration overflowing with splash-tastic surprises like a DJ dance party, shorter wait times for popular waterslides, and an array of fun Toy Story-themed experiences. Guests can even enjoy character greetings with Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jessie. And of course, no party would be complete without the FOOD! This year’s menu is bigger and better than ever, featuring a variety of colorful and refreshing beverages as well as a few delicious dishes to munch on. There will even be a special adults-only area at The Wharf where adult partygoers can enjoy live entertainment as well as a full bar with refreshing libations available for purchase.
To help you find all of these yummy items throughout the park, I’ve put together an official Foodie Guide that will give you all of the details!
- Western Beef Brisket, Available at Leaning Palms – Beef brisket, fingerling potatoes, and baby carrots topped with pico de gallo and micro greens
- Pork Kabob, Available at Leaning Palms – Jicama slaw, kumquat preserves, pineapple, and watermelon topped with micro greens
- Chick Kabob, Available at Leaning Palms – Mojo chicken, jicama slaw, kumquat preserves, pineapple, and watermelon topped with micro greens
- Surfs Up Chicken Noodle Salad, Available at Leaning Palms, Typhoon Tilly’s, Snack Shack – Bulgogi chicken, noodle slaw, and lettuce topped with sesame seeds
- Fish Out of Water, Available at Leaning Palms – Baked cod, coconut rice, and baby bok choy topped with lemon butter and micro greens
- Cheese Party Platter, Available at Leaning Palms, Typhoon Tilly’s – Port Salude, smoked cheddar, fontina cheese, smoked gouda, grapes, and crackers
- Bathtub Party Sundae, Available at Happy Landings – Vanilla ice cream, confetti cake, whipped cream, and chocolate rubber ducks topped with sprinkles and served in a novelty bathtub dish
- Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Milkshake, Available at Leaning Palms – Cotton candy milkshake served in a novelty Woody Boot and topped with whipped cream, edible glitter, and a gummy worm
- Pineapple Soft-serve with Blue Raspberry, Available at Typhoon Tilly’s and Snack Shack – Pineapple soft-serve with blue raspberry slushy
- The Glowing Unicorn (Non-alcoholic), Available at Leaning Palms –Non-alcoholic violet colada with a glow cube, rainbow whipped cream, edible shimmer glitter, and a twist candy lollipop
- Tropical Flash Lemonade (Non-alcoholic), Available at Leaning Palms – Tropical smoothie mix with Odwalla Lemonade and a glow cube
- Glow Fusion Punch (Alcoholic), Available at Leaning Palms – Vodka and fruit-based liqueur with grenadine and pineapple juice topped with rainbow popping pearls
- Green Glowrita (Alcoholic), Available at Leaning Palms – Tequila, Granny Smith Apple syrup, and sour mix topped with blueberry popping pearls
- Strawberry Glow Lemonade (Non-alcoholic), Available at Leaning Palms and High and Dry – Strawberry smoothie mix with Odwalla Lemonade and a glow cube
- Buzz Blaster (Non-alcoholic), Available at Leaning Palms – Sprite and green apple popping pearls served with a Buzz Lightyear glow clip
- Galactic Lemonade (Alcoholic), Available at Let’s Go Slurpin’ and Fred’s Dive Bar – Blueberry vodka, blue curaçao, Odwalla Lemonade, and pomegranate juice topped with Sprite and a glow cube
- Party Time Tea (Alcoholic), Available at Let’s Go Slurpin’ – Tennessee whiskey, sweet tea, and lemonade with a glow cube
- Dream Disco Float (Alcoholic), Available at Happy Landings – Hard orange soda, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and edible glitter
- Adult Root Beer Disco Float (Alcoholic), Available at Happy Landings – Hard root beer, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and edible glitter
- Elysian DayGlow IPA Draft (Alcoholic), Available at High and Dry
- Brut de Peche Champagne (Alcoholic), Available at Fred’s Dive Bar – Served in a LED Champagne
- Light-up Popcorn Bucket – Main Change Popcorn Cart
- H2O Glow Nights Light-up Souvenir Cup – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Alien Light-up Souvenir Cup – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Light-up Champagne Glass – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Glow Cubes – Various Locations throughout the Park
- Buzz Lightyear Glow Clip – Leaning Palms
- Woody Boot – Leaning Palms
- Bathtub Party Sundae – Happy Landings
H2O Glow Nights occurs on select nights starting May 30 through August 24, 2019, at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon from 8-11 p.m. Tickets are $59 per person plus tax for adults and $54 per person plus tax for children ages 3 to 9, when purchased in advance. On the days of the event, the ticket price will be $69 per person plus tax for adults and $64 per person plus tax for children. Tickets are not required for children under age 3.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the Walt Disney World Resort website!
RELATED ARTICLE: Disney H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Review
by Chad and Cindy Nykamp
We have always loved spending a day at the Disney Water Parks, but we’ve also always wondered what they would be like after dark. This summer, Disney is offering a special hard ticket event called H2O Glow Nights that allows guests to enjoy Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon at night with reduced crowds, similar to Disney After Dark in the Magic Kingdom. We were finally able to experience this fun event and experience Typhoon Lagoon in an entirely new way. Catch our full review below.
1 – H2O Glow Night Party
As with most Disney parties, this one has a theme. You’ll see some familiar faces from Toy Story, based on the Toy Story short film, Partysaurus Rex. Rex, the Dinosaur of Ceremonies, is throwing his biggest glow party yet. The atmosphere was bright with guests given glow sticks mood lighting throughout the water park. The party hours are from 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm, but guests are able to enter the park at 6:00 pm.
2 – Party Specific Activities
During the party, we were able to enjoy the regular offerings of the water park along with special activities created just for the party.
- DJ-hosted dance party on the sandy beaches of the Surf Pool. Near the wave pool, you’ll find Rex and a DJ creating the party atmosphere. Many guests were dancing throughout the night. It was a fun area.
- Character Greeting with Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jessie. We met with all of the characters and there were very short lines. We met Buzz by himself with no wait, and we waited to meet Woody and Jessie together for about 5 minutes. Disney PhotoPass photographers were there to capture the photos, so no need for you to carry your camera or phone.
- Special area—The Wharf—just for adult partygoers, featuring live entertainment and a bar with refreshing libations available for purchase.
3 – Reduced Crowds
The biggest reason to come to this event is the reduced crowds. Mark Dukes, General Manager of Disney Water Parks, confirmed to us that the event is capped, and attendance is greatly reduced with the goal of most slides having a very short to no wait. We did enjoy short waits all night. We went to most of the attractions and waited only a few minutes for most and even walked on to some. The longest wait we had was seven minutes for Keelhaul Falls. The Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool was also significantly less crowded than the daytime. I visited Typhoon Lagoon that same day at 2:00 and the pool was packed. During the event, it was much better and there was plenty of room to move around.
4 – Day Ticket or H2O Glow Nights?
When considering any special ticketed event, the question of whether or not it is a good value always comes to our mind. The price of an H2O Glow Night ticket is $55 for adults and $50 for children. A regular day ticket costs $65 for adults and $59 for children. That doesn’t seem like much of a discount, but there are several reasons we feel a ticket to the H2O Glow Night is the better option. We’ve already talked about the reduced crowds. Here are more reasons why we think the party option is the way to go:
- No burnt feet, sweltering sun, and no sunscreen needed. We love the water parks, but as locals, we usually visit them during the spring and fall. Why? Because it’s crazy hot in the summer! Obvious, we know, but when it’s that hot it’s hard to cool off, even at a water park. The heat also makes the surfaces at the water parks really hot, making it very uncomfortable to walk without shoes. At night, it’s warm, but not oppressively hot, and no sunscreen is required! Really, even though it was humid, as always, it was a pleasant evening. It was so nice to experience the water park that way!
- Typhoon Lagoon is awesome at night! Beyond the relief from the sun, Typhoon Lagoon is so cool to experience at night. The lighting and atmosphere of the party were amazing and really added to the overall experience of the event—something you can’t get in the daytime! Going through some of the slides in the dark added a whole new element to the ride. Also, some tubes had glow lighting, which also upped the awesome factor. Simply put the park is just fantastic at night!
- Get more done in 4 hours! By now you know about the lower crowds. Again, this means you’ll get more done than if you came during the day. You’ll be able to experience most, if not all, of the water park in a much more enjoyable atmosphere.
- Don’t lose a Park day! Another great reason to get a party ticket over a full day ticket is that you don’t lose a park day. You would be able to enjoy a Disney Park through dinner and then head over to Typhoon Lagoon for an evening of fun. You’ll be able to experience the water park without sacrificing a morning or whole day you might need for other plans.
5 – Final Verdict: A Great Option for Guests Looking to Experience Typhoon Lagoon
We were really happy with this event and will definitely do it again. It’s a really great option for guests looking for a chance to experience one of Disney’s water parks without losing time in the parks. You get to experience lower crowds, enjoy special food and beverages, meet characters, and enjoy slides without the crazy summer sun.
Editor’s Note: The Disney Company provided us with complimentary H2O Glow Night passes. However, the thoughts and opinions contained in this article are completely our own.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.