Merchandise and souvenirs are not only a great way to take a little piece of the magic home with you, in the case of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, it plays a vital role in the overall storytelling within the land. The Disney Parks product development team was integrated with the overall project team throughout the creation of the land to ensure the retail program delivers an immersive, authentic and connected Star Wars experience.
1 -Not Your Usual Park Merchandise
Unique merchandise expands the fun of playing in this land, allowing guests to live their own Star Wars adventures through new story-driven retail experiences, role-play products and environments. Retail comes to life for guests as they construct a lightsaber or build a droid in authentic environments. The products deliver a level of authenticity, realism, and storytelling that can only be achieved at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Brad Schoeneberg, Director, Merchandise Strategy and New Park Experience Development explains that “Star Wars merchandise is a cornerstone in the childhoods of many generations of fans. We knew it was important to offer these fans something different in this land than they have ever seen before. Through the lens of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, we have created a retail experience that blends authentic product and spaces with rich storytelling. Whether you’re looking for a small tangible memento of your visit or the ultimate Star Wars collectible, you definitely will find something special in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Every piece of product has been newly created for this land, and the authentic retail experiences found here are sure to delight fans from every generation.”
2 – Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers
Guests can customize their own legendary lightsabers as they choose their paths in this immersive retail experience. A group known as the Gatherers ushers guests into a covert workshop packed with unusual parts and whimsical pieces collected from the far reaches of the galaxy. Under the Gatherers’ guidance, guests construct one-of-a-kind lightsabers and bring them to life through the power of kyber crystals.
We had a chance to try out the process of making your own lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop. It is really unique and amazing. The master in the room really set the right tone and helped guide the process. These lightsabers are nothing like the plastic ones sold elsewhere. The lightsaber is heavy and special because of the components you choose. If you have a super Star Wars fan in your family, you won’t want to miss this.
Chris Beatty, Executive Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering, shared “Savi’s Workshop is part interactive experience, part show and part retail. It’s what I think we do best when all of our lines of business – merchandise, story, special effects, entertainment and so many more – come to the table and we craft an experience together. We’re excited because you actually build the lightsaber you’ve always wanted, crafting it uniquely for you, one of a kind.”
Guests select from the following lightsaber themes:
- Peace and Justice – Utilize salvaged scraps of fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships in Republic-era lightsaber designs that honor the galaxy’s former guardians.
- Power and Control – Originally forged by warriors from the dark side, objects used in this lightsaber style are rumored remnants from the Sith home world and abandoned temples.
- Elemental Nature – Craft a lightsaber from special components born from the Force, such as Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones or Rancor teeth.
- Protection and Defense – Incorporate hilt materials bearing mysterious motifs and inscriptions that reconnect a lightsaber’s wielder with the ancient wellspring of the Force.
Reservations are strongly recommended for this experience. You can make reservations by clicking here.
3 – Droid Depot
Building their very own droid is a guest experience offered at the Droid Depot. For this custom astromech adventure, guests enter a workshop stocked with stacks of parts, chips, and manuals to construct their own droid, one of the galaxy’s most indispensable sidekicks. In this immersive retail experience, guests construct either the BB-series or R-series astromech. Droid parts come and go on conveyor belts as guests make choices to construct their own units.
We had a chance to speak with Disney Cast Member Julie who walked us through the process of building a droid at Droid Depot. Check out the video below:
Once built, guests place their droids in an activation station to bring them to life, allowing the droids to be operated via remote control.* Droids can be further customized with personality-affiliation chips, color panels, and other accessories. Once activated, droids may interact with other astromech droids and with certain other Bluetooth-enabled elements and devices throughout Black Spire Outpost.*
In addition, Droid Depot offers prebuilt droids, housewares, and apparel, all inspired by the design, engineering, and building of droids:
- Premium Droid Action Figures – Featuring R2-D2, BB-8, DJ R-3X and C-3PO, these hero-scale droids are loaded with interactive functionality. DJ R-3X is both a fully functional remote-control droid and Bluetooth-enabled speaker, with classic DJ sound effects.
- Color Changing Droids Figure Packs and Play Set – Built to classic 3 ¾ scale, these droids are ready for an undercover mission in Black Spire Outpost.
- Droid Light-Up R2-D2 or BB-8 Headbands – No droid part goes unused, as these motion-activated dome headbands inspired by favorite Star Wars characters respond with lights and sound.
- Droid Depot Work Shirts and Apparel – Available for droid fans of all ages.
Reservations are strongly recommended for this experience. You can make reservations by clicking here.
4 – Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
Guests will shop for mysterious and unique galactic artifacts collected by Dok-Ondar, a legendary antiquities dealer who is as mysterious as many of the objects he collects. The Ithorian’s den is packed with racks and crates of items with their own stories to tell:
- Legacy Lightsabers – This elegant weapon from a more civilized age is most commonly associated with the Jedi and Sith. Dok-Ondar has collected replicas of some of the most famous – or infamous – warriors in the galaxy’s history, including Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul.
- Lightsaber Accessories – Lightsaber clips, carrier bags, and display stands are used to carry or display a lightsaber when not in use.
- Kyber Crystals – At the heart of every lightsaber is a kyber crystal. This crystal is attuned to the Force. Colors include blue, green, purple, red, yellow and white.
- Holocrons – The Jedi and Sith have curated enormous amounts of information about the galaxy and the Force. Holocrons store this valuable data, which when paired with kyber crystals can be unlocked and accessed by the owner of these rare artifacts.
5 – Creature Stall
At this exotic market stall, guests will discover creatures and critters from across the galaxy. While Bina, the stall’s proprietor, is out traversing for more exotic creatures to bring into her stall, her assistants keep this storefront stocked with unique companions for her customers, who may want to take one home, including:
- Kowakian Monkey-Lizard – This cackling, rambunctious creature comes in multiple colors and can sit on the shoulder.
- Porg – This small, flat-muzzled, naturally inquisitive avian creature hails from the cliffs of secluded Ahch-To. Watch as it chirps and flaps its wings.
- Loth-cat – A member of the tooka family and native to Lothal, this feline is a small, temperamental creature. While at times friendly, it is still a capable hunter with sharp teeth.
5 – Black Spire Outfitters
At this colorful apparel shop, guests can find outfits for a galactic adventure, selecting from stylish, functional clothing suitable for many occasions and worlds:
- Robes – Inspired by those worn by Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, these are available in both brown and black, and are sized for all.
- Tunics – Often worn under robes, these are available in both neutral and black, and are sized for all.
- Belts – Available in a variety of styles and colors and sized from youth through adult, these are the perfect accessories for wearing a lightsaber hilt.
6 – Toydarian Toymaker
No traveler to Black Spire Outpost will want to return home empty-handed. In this whimsical shop, guests may browse for handcrafted toys and collectibles from the busy toymaker, Zabaka the Toydarian:
- Artisan Plush Characters – Famous icons of the galaxy are brought to life through stylized plush, including Yoda, Chewbacca, Ewoks and many more.
- Games – With fun for all ages, shoppers can choose from Cards of Sabacc, Dejarik, Chance Cubes and more.
- Vehicles – Famous vessels of the galaxy are crafted in materials such as wood and metal.
7 – Jewels of Bith
A must-stop destination for local goods and tiny treasures, this shop offers a wide variety of souvenirs and gifts for tourists wishing to commemorate a visit to Batuu:
- Batuuan Cooling Fan – Stay cool on hot days with this hand-held fan inspired by the moisture vaporators of Tatooine.
- Gifts of Batuu and Black Spire Outpost – Apparel and drinkware featuring the sights and graphics of this remote planet and its most heavily populated village.
8 – First Order Cargo
The First Order recently arrived in Black Spire Outpost and established a post to win the hearts and minds of locals and tourists alike. Guests can show their support by purchasing clothing, gear and other accessories:
- Accessories – First Order-branded caps, pins, patches and other gear.
- Toys and Vehicles – Models and metal replicas of the First Order.
9 – Resistance Supply
Members of the Resistance set up a secret makeshift post where guests can join the cause to defeat the First Order by stocking up on essential gear and supplies to prepare for their next mission:
- Accessories – Resistance-branded caps, pins, patches and other gear.
- Toys and Vehicles – Models and metal replicas of the Resistance fleet.
- Resistance MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) – On-the-go snacks for Resistance fighters.
*A droid will interact with various Bluetooth-enabled elements as it is carried around Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, but using a remote-control device to operate a droid while at the theme parks will be prohibited.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.