Love Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Love the food? If yes, then you’ll want to check out the Winter 2019 Tasting Sampler! Catch all the details below!
Here are all the details from Disney cast member Alex Dunlap:
If you’re looking for a great way to experience the flavors of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, then look no further than the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler! With this digital value card, you’ll be able to enjoy a delectable day of flavorful food and beverage as you taste your way around the park’s carts, kiosks, and, after 4 p.m., at quick-service restaurants with a bonus digital value card.
The sampler will go on sale tomorrow, Oct. 8, and costs $50. It includes two digital value cards: one $50 card that can be used at over 40 outdoor food and beverage locations throughout the park (and does not expire), and a bonus $10 card that can be used at the following quick-service restaurants after 4pm from December 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020: Restaurantosaurus (DinoLand U.S.A), Pizzafari and Pizzafari Family-Style Dining (Discovery Island), Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island), and Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar). In addition, with each $50 card purchased, you will receive two (2) reserved seats for the second showing of Rivers of Light: We are One (which must be redeemed between December 22, 2019 and January 4, 2020).
At each of the outdoor food and beverage locations, you can use the $50 card to purchase anything on the menu. Among these dishes are some favorites from this spring’s Tasting Sampler as well as a whole host of delicious new bites only available during the holiday season.
Here’s a list of all the new and returning eats and treats that you won’t want to miss:
Kusafiri Bakery (Africa)
- Curry Trio with Shrimp, Chicken, and Vegetable Curries
Caravan Road (Asia)
- Ginger Slaw Dog
- Char Siu Pork with Sticky Rice
Mr. Kamal’s (Asia)
- Fried Chicken Dumplings
- Kamal’s Fries with Dipping Sauces
Trilo-Bites (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Buffalo Chicken Chips
- Peppermint Cookies and Cream Sundae
- Bugs ‘n Grubs Cone
Dino-Bite Snacks (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Scrooge McDuck’s Billionaire Bacon Caramel Sundae
- Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwich
Terra Treats (Discovery Island)
- Tomato and Cheese Pizza
- Seasonal Specialty Pizza
Smiling Crocodile (Discovery Island)
- Pulled Pork Jelly Donut Slider
- Pulled Pork Street Taco
- Tamale with Tomatillo Sauce, Red Chile Sauce, and a Jalapeño Cream Sauce
Additional Participating Carts and Kiosks
- Mahindi (popcorn, glazed nuts, beer)
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments (Simba Sunset, Simba Ice Cream Sandwich, Pineapple Dole Whip Cup, ice cream treats, beer)
- Dawa Bar (specialty beverages, cocktails, beer)
- Harambe Fruit Market (fruit, pretzels, grilled corn with African spices)
- Warung Outpost (pretzels, chips, margaritas)
- Drinkwallah (nuts, chips, frozen beverages)
- Chakranadi (pretzels, nuts, beer, fountain beverages)
- Anandapur Ice Cream Treats (Forbidden Mountain Cone, soft-serve ice cream treats, fountain beverages)
- Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks (Pumpkin Spice Pretzel, popcorn, ice cream treats, pretzels, cocktails, beer)
- Snack Cart near UP! A Great Bird Adventure (ice cream treats)
- Dino Diner (chips and queso, chili cheese dog, corn chip pie, churros, beer)
- Corn-ivores (popcorn, bottled beverages)
- Feeding Ground (popcorn, frozen lemonade, beer)
- Eight Spoon Café (macaroni and cheese with pulled pork or shrimp, pretzels)
- Isle of Java (coffee, pastries, chocolate donut holes)
- Snack Cart near Tiffins Restaurant (all-beef hot dogs, ice cream treats)
Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Pongu Pongu (pretzels, pineapple lumpia, specialty beverages)
- Beverage Cart near Pongu Pongu (chips, bottled beverages)
- Ice Cream Carts (ice cream treats, bottled beverages)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler can be purchased starting tomorrow, Oct. 8, and will be available through January 4, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. noon E.T. and can be used at Disney’s Animal Kingdom during regular operating hours. When you purchase the sampler, you’ll receive an email for each digital value card. Each email will have a barcode that can be added to your digital wallet on your mobile phone and scanned at most food and beverage locations throughout the park. For a full list of participating locations and menu offerings, visit any food and beverage location at the park. To purchase, visit http://offers.disney.com/DAKDINEBONUS/.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler $50 digital value card can only be redeemed at the participating locations indicated on the Tasting Sampler map, which will be available at any participating food and beverage location in the park from December 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020. It cannot be used at Table-Service Restaurants or Quick-Service Restaurants and does not expire. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom After 4 p.m. Quick Service Bonus $10 digital value card may only be redeemed at the five locations above and is not valid for use after January 4, 2020. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please keep a valid form of identification on hand at all times to verify your age.
- All menu items and event experiences are subject to change without notice.
- $50 Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler and the $10 Disney’s Animal Kingdom After 4 Quick Service Bonus are separate products and cannot be combined.
- Check in for the Rivers of Light: We Are One show at the Dining Package kiosk on the DinoLand U.S.A. side of the theater and show a Cast Member your Tasting Sampler Digital Value Card on your mobile device.
RELATED ARTICLE: 10 Best Quick Eats at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
by Christy Caby
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is definitely an amazing food location. You might not think of an animal-themed theme park as a fantastic place to dine, but the food at Animal Kingdom is unlike anything else on property. There is a ton of great variety of flavors and options, so there is definitely something for everyone. Here is a look at our top 10 best quick eats at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
10 – Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Pulled Pork – Eight Spoon Café, Discovery Island
This delicious snack features creamy macaroni and cheese with pulled pork. It is a perfect blend of comfort food favorites to enjoy when you are looking for something tasty during your fun day in the park. This is a great take on a classic dish that the whole family can enjoy!
9 – Rib Bowl – Harambe Market, Africa
These amazing rubs are rubbed with African spices and then have a barbecue glaze on top. The ribs are served over cilantro rice and salad greens bowl finished with salsa. The flavor combinations are perfect and this is definitely a very filling quick meal option.
8 – Smoked Turkey Sandwich – Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery, Africa
If you’re looking for a healthier option, there is a great sandwich at Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery in Africa. The smoked turkey sandwich has a generous portion of sliced smoked turkey. It is on multigrain bread and comes with cranberry mayonnaise and arugula. It was delicious. The sandwich is also served with delicious house-made curry spiced chips.
7 – Shrimp Flatbread – Pizzafari, Discovery Island
This is definitely a unique option, but one that is quite tasty. The flatbread is made with roasted shrimp, tomato, red pepper, Alfredo sauce and pesto. Is then all topped with greens and served with a small Caesar salad. If seafood isn’t your thing, then the pizzas or salads at the location are also great options!
6 – Cheeseburger Combo – Restaurantosaurus, DinoLand U.S.A.
What is better than the classic bacon and cheeseburger combo? This burger is a flame-broiled Angus bacon cheeseburger. With the combo, you also get French fries, a warm caramel chocolate brownie and your choice of a fountain beverage. This is definitely a meal that will keep you full for a while.
5 – Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler – Flame Tree Barbecue, Discovery Island
This huge platter includes smoked ribs, chicken and pulled pork. You can smell these delicious meats as you are walking around in the area of the restaurant. It is intoxicating and will definitely lure you in to give them a try. The platter also includes baked beans and coleslaw as sides so that you have a complete meal.
4 – Satu’li Sampler Platter – Satu’li Canteen, Pandora – The World of Avatar
If you have hungry members of your family, then you have to take the opportunity to sample this amazing platter. This gives you the opportunity to try a little bit of everything that the location has to offer so you don’t have to pick. You get your choice of four proteins that include a sampling of each of the bases and sauces for the location. You also get vegetable slaw and 4 non-specialty beverages, too. This is definitely a favorite when you have a group with you that can help you eat it!
3 – The Colossal Cinnamon Roll – Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery, Africa
How about a cinnamon roll so big it can feed more than two people? That’s what you can find at Kusafiri Coffee Shope and Bakery in Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Africa. This cinnamon roll is fresh and delicious with plenty of icing. Whether for breakfast or a snack later in the day, this cinnamon roll will disappear quickly because it’s so yummy!
2 – Buffalo Chicken Chips – Trilo-Bites, DinoLand U.S.A.
I don’t know about you, but I love just about anything that has buffalo sauce. These chips are the perfect buffalo sauce, chicken, chives and bleu cheese combination with a great crunch from the tortilla chips. You won’t want to share these, but you definitely could!
1 – Teriyaki Beef Slider – Caravan Road, Asia
This is a delicious slider served with pickled cucumber. It is a great option when you are looking for a quick snack, but aren’t looking for a heavy meal. This option lets you get a good mix of carb and protein to power through the day, all with delicious teriyaki flavors.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.