Now more than ever it is so important to have a My Disney Experience account set up for your Walt Disney World vacation. During the phased reopening, you’ll need the account to make the required park reservations. If you don’t have an account or want to make sure you are all set to make reservations when your window opens, keep reading to learn what you need to do to make park reservations.
1 – Plan Ahead
To manage attendance during this reopening period, while also helping guests plan ahead before their arrival, Disney is introducing the new Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all guests with valid admission are required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this online tool.
To enter a park, both a park reservation AND valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for each person in your party ages 3 and up (limit one park per day).
2 – Booking Dates for Park Reservations
The Disney Park Pass system is now available to all guests.
Park reservations will be available through January 14, 2023, based on your resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.
If you booked a vacation package, your ticket eligibility is tied to your package travel dates. To make a park reservation for a different date, be sure to modify your vacation package dates.
3 – Check Theme Park Pass Availability
A Theme Park Pass Availability calendar is now available so you can see which days have spots based on the type of guest and tickets.
How It Works
4 – Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account
To get started, you’ll need valid park admission that’s linked to your Disney account.
- First, you’ll need a Disney account, which is where your Walt Disney World plans are stored and managed. Create an account or sign in to your existing account.
- Then, link your valid admission to your Disney account. All Guests in your party must also have valid park admission linked to their profile. Note: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused, and sales will resume at a later date.
- If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to your Disney account as well.
Once your admission is linked to your account, you can begin to make a park reservation.
5 – Direct Link for Reservations
You cannot make reservations on the My Disney Experience app. You need to use a web browser to access your My Disney Account. Use the direct link below to make reservations!
Users have shared they have had the most success with using the website. The MyDisney Experience app on your phone will simply open a browser on your phone. You cannot make reservations with the app itself.
6 – Step 2 – Create Your Party
When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.
Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them.
Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.
Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.
7 – Step 3 – Select a Date and Park
Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
- Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
- Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
- Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park, and time, you can confirm your reservation.
If there is no availability you may see something like this:
8 – Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Plans
Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date.
If you need to make any changes, select “Back” to revise your selections.
Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
Once confirmed, your reservation will appear in My Plans.
Want to make another park reservation? Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans—both online and in the My Disney Experience app.
If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.
You’re All Set!
Get ready to experience the magic of a Walt Disney World theme park.
9 – Important Details
- Reservations are limited and subject to availability and are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalized.
- At this time, Guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.
- A park reservation must be made for each day of entry. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- We highly recommend that you make your park reservation as soon as you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the reservation is finalized.
10 – Want to Book a New Vacation?
All Guests are able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals through 2022. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets. Note that annual passes are not available for purchase at this time.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.