Calling all tie-dye fans! Disney has released instructions on how to make their popular Mickey tie-dye shirt at home! Catch all the details below!
Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Aubrey Gravante:
After recently sharing a DIY Mickey tie-dye T-shirt photo from Walt Disney World Ambassador Stephen, many of our Instagram fans and followers said they wanted more – and a tie-dye tutorial!
So today, inspired by your response to Stephen’s tie-dye artwork, we’re bringing a touch of Disney magic to one of this summer’s big trends! Our special how-to video shows exactly how to make your own Mickey shirt and we’re also sharing a look at the latest tie-dye Disney styles.
For those of you looking for a quick fix for all your tie-dye needs, you can visit shopDisney.com for the latest looks, including a spirit jersey and a variety of T-shirts themed to both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
As you can see in our step-by-step instructional video above, transforming an ordinary T-shirt into a beautiful Mickey tie-dye shirt with splashes of color is easy and fun. And it begins with Mickey ears and tracing.
After tracing, the art of tie-dying continues by tying the shirt – soaking and adding dye. Then, wrap and wait 24 hours. Here’s a look at all of the steps to follow:
And just like that, your creative Mickey tie-dye shirt is ready!
RELATED ARTICLE: Where to Find the Characters in the Disney World Parks During the Phased Reopening
by Chad and Cindy Nykamp
The Walt Disney World theme parks have reopened and while we can’t greet our favorite characters, we can see them in fun ways throughout the parks. Learn more below.
1 – New Character Magic
Part of the magic of a Walt Disney World Resort theme park visit is seeing beloved Disney characters. With traditional parades and character greetings on hiatus to promote physical distancing among guests, theme park character experiences have been reimagined in new and different ways. From cavalcades down Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom Park to sailings down Discovery River at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, and much more, characters from dozens of favorite Disney stories will surprise and delight guests across all four theme parks. These are just some of the reimagined experiences guests will discover as the theme parks begin their phased reopening.
2 – Magic Kingdom
- “The Royal Princess Processional” – Several times daily, favorite Disney princesses travel through the streets of Magic Kingdom. Princess Merida leads the way on her steed Angus, followed closely by a gazebo float and crystal castle carrying Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Rapunzel, and others.
- “Mickey and Friends Cavalcade” – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and their pals pop up throughout the day, inviting everyone to “Get Their Ears On” as they wave to guests along the park’s parade route.
- “Goofy Cavalcade” – With Goofy, Clarabelle Cow, Max, Panchito Pistoles, and Jose Cariocas
- “Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade” – With Gaston, Pooh Bear, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, and Aladdin.
- “Friends of Pooh Bear” – With Rabbit, Piglet, and Eeyore.
- Tinker Bell & The Lost Treasure
- Cinderella’s Evil Stepsisters – From time to time, guests in Fantasyland may spot the dastardly Anastasia and Drizella and can interact with them from afar while they’re perched on a balcony of Cinderella Castle.
- You might also catch Jack Sparrow in Adventureland from time to time.
- Stitch was also spotted in Tomorrowland.
- Say goodbye to Mickey and friends at the close of Magic Kingdom.
3 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Pluto cruise along the Discovery River!
- “Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!” – Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and Launchpad McQuack and Goofy and Chip ‘n Dale wave to guests from their party boat as “Donald’s Dino Bash!” moves from DinoLand U.S.A. to Discovery River.
- “Discovery River Character Cruise” – Throughout the day, guests can see Timon and Rafiki or Pocahontas with Meeko, who will set sail on the parks’ waterways.
- Discovery Island Drummers – These high-energy percussionists cruise along Discovery River, entertaining guests on the shore with an energetic beat.
4 – EPCOT
- “Mickey and Friends World Tour” – As guests travel around World Showcase, they may come upon Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, and Goofy all out sightseeing and waving to their friends.
- “Frozen Promenade” – Queen Anna and Elsa venture into the unknown around World Showcase, journeying from country to country and waving hello to guests along the way.
- Pooh Bear near the Imagination Pavilion.
- Joy from Inside Out near the Imagination Pavilion.
5 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – While living their own adventures in a galaxy far, far away, guests are likely to come across some familiar faces as they explore Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu:
- Heroes of the Resistance, including Rey, Chewbacca and Vi Moradi, may be spotted on platforms above the garage in Black Spire Station or surveying activity around the spaceport where the Millennium Falcon has landed.
- A contingent of First Order Stormtroopers join Kylo Ren in patrolling the landing platform at Docking Bay 9 beneath their TIE Echelon assault vehicle.
- “Mickey and Friends Motorcade” – Chip ‘n Dale, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Pluto!
- “Pixar Pals Motorcade” – Some of the biggest stars from Pixar Animation Studios’ films arrive on Hollywood Boulevard, from The Incredibles to Toy Story pals and more. They’ll wave to their fans as they head down the avenue accompanied by a celebratory musical score.
- “Disney Junior Stars Motorcade” – Throughout the day, Disney Junior stars including Fancy Nancy, Doc McStuffins, and Vampirina will cruise down Hollywood Boulevard waving to fans from colorful custom convertibles.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.