With just over a week to go until Halloween, Disney is already looking ahead to the holiday season. Disney has released more details for this year’s modified Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. There are returning favorites such as holiday kitchens and the cookie stroll, and new this year is a new scavenger hunt! Catch all the details below!
Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Emily Amato:
Looking for sights, sounds and flavors from holiday festivities around the world this year? Then be sure to check out the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth, taking place Nov. 27-Dec. 30, 2020 at Walt Disney World Resort. This magical event will feature delicious food, fun activities for the whole family and the chance to see some Disney characters in their holiday finest.
At this year’s festival, enjoy a global celebration of seasonal cuisine at the Holiday Kitchens, located throughout World Showcase, including three kitchens inside World ShowPlace Events Pavilion. Indulge in festival favorites like the slow-roasted turkey from the American Holiday Table, pork schnitzel at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen or the beef bourguignon from the Yukon Holiday Kitchen.
As you sip, savor and sample your way through the Holiday Kitchens, you may spot some of your favorite characters – dressed in their holiday best – traveling through World Showcase to spread holiday cheer. Keep an eye out for Queen Anna and Elsa in the “Frozen Holiday Promenade,” and Mickey Mouse and his pals making merry on the “Mickey and Friends Holiday World Tour.” And we can’t forget about Santa Claus! When Santa visits EPCOT during this festive time of year, he’ll take a grand horse-drawn tour around World Showcase, calling out happy holiday wishes to all.
When you need a break from your jolly jaunts, be sure to visit America Gardens Theatre to enjoy the sounds of the season from Voices of Liberty, who will share favorite carols through their incredible harmonies. Mariachi Cobre will bring to life Las Posadas, a celebration of Mexican holiday customs through music and dance. Over at the Canada pavilion, JAMMitors will grace the Mill Stage with their playful percussion. And, enjoy the shopping, sights AND sounds inside World ShowPlace as fan-favorite JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season will bring you on an uplifting journey through R&B, gospel, contemporary and traditional Christmas and holiday music.
The Holiday Cookie Stroll returns this year, with a complimentary cookie as reward for completing the confectionary collection. The delicious array of sweet treats to choose from will include cookies from five different locations throughout the park. You can also pick up an adorable cookie jar to collect all of your cookies, available for purchase at the Holiday Markets throughout World Showcase, while supplies last.
To share holiday traditions from around the world, everyone’s favorite snowman from Frozen invites kids of all ages on the new “Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition,” a festive adventure around World Showcase to round up holiday traditions Olaf misplaces. You can purchase the expedition map at Mouse Gear, Disney Traders, or World Traveler at International Gateway, then look for hidden Olafs throughout the World Showcase pavilions. Once you find them all, you’ll receive a gift worth melting for (while supplies last).
The holiday season across the rest of Walt Disney World Resort begins November 6, 2020, with seasonal celebrations at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney Springs, and Disney Resort hotels.
RELATED ARTICLE: Walt Disney World Resort Reimagines Holiday Traditions in 2020
A reimagined holiday celebration will begin Nov. 6, 2020, at Walt Disney World Resort, with the four theme parks, Disney Springs and Disney resort hotels decked for the season. Through Dec. 30, guests will discover seasonal food and drinks at The Most Magical Place on Earth, as well as special merchandise and enchanting new entertainment experiences.
When night falls at Magic Kingdom Park, projection effects will transform Cinderella Castle with a kaleidoscope of designs, including a whimsical Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green and gold ornamentation. The iconic castle will provide the perfect colorful background for guests seeking a magical holiday portrait.
Highlights from the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will begin Nov. 27. Holiday kitchens will return around the World Showcase promenade, offering favorite dishes such as Slow-roasted Turkey with Stuffing at the American Holiday Table.
Other highlights for the upcoming holiday season at Walt Disney World include:
- At Magic Kingdom, characters synonymous with the season – including gingerbread men and elves – will join Disney characters in cavalcades through the park. On Main Street, U.S.A., toy soldiers will march with the Main Street Philharmonic as they bring musical cheer for all to hear.
- Favorite Disney characters dressed in their holiday finest will appear in festive flotillas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, holiday promenades at EPCOT and merry motorcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Minnie Mouse will host a yuletide dining experience at Hollywood & Vine, inviting some of her best pals – including Santa Goofy – to join the fun.
- Inside World ShowPlace at EPCOT, JOYFUL! will take guests on a musical journey of holiday music, while Voices of Liberty will use their eight-part harmonies to share songs of the season at the America Gardens Theatre.
- Elaborately decorated Christmas trees will spring up throughout Disney Springs, and a magical snowfall will occur within Town Center, West Side and The Landing. In addition, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will transform into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with delightful décor and a limited-time menu of festive favorites.
- Disney resort hotels will deck their halls for the holidays, including iconic Christmas trees in lobbies and other festive flourishes.
- Santa Claus will wave to guests as he makes pop-up appearances at each park, as well as Disney Springs. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, for example, he will sail down Discovery River on a special flotilla.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.