Looking for some Disney magic at your next family breakfast? Why not try this Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast from Disney’s PCH Grill! Learn more below.
Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Alex Dunlap:
If you’re looking for a fun recipe for the whole family to make together, then this yummy breakfast dish might just be the one for you! This Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast is a perfectly sweet way to start your morning and is one of the many dishes that rotate seasonally on the menu at Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
This fun French toast will definitely taste like paradise and is one more way for you to create #DisneyMagicMoments with the whole family.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana, French Toast from Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Chef’s Note: Challah is traditional Jewish yeast bread, rich with eggs, sweetened with honey that makes the best French toast.
From our Disney family to yours, we hope you enjoy this yummy recipe!
RELATED ARTICLE: Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Fun Facts!
Overlooking Disney California Adventure Park, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is modeled after the classic charm of California’s beach boardwalks in the 1920s. Since opening in 2000, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel continues to bring the best of seaside-inspired lodging and dining. The hotel features a restaurant, a lounge, rooftop pool, waterslide and business center.
The Pier-fect Location: Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is conveniently located steps away from shopping, dining and entertainment offerings in the Downtown Disney District. Select rooms have a bird’s eye view of Pixar Pier and Paradise Bay in Disney California Adventure Park, allowing guests to view“World of Color” without leaving the hotel.
California–style Cuisine: Named after the Pacific Coast Highway stretched along California’s coastline, Disney’s PCH Grill offers a buffet-style character breakfast inside Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast Buffet. The restaurant offers brunch and dinner buffets as well. For a more casual quick bite, the Surfside Lounge in the lobby offers small dishes, drinks and select menu items from Disney’s PCH Grill.
Soak Up The Sun: A scenic pool terrace sits atop the roof of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, complete with a sparkling pool, waterslide, children’s wading area, whirlpool and lounge. At the end of the day, guests can cozy up on a lounge chair for a movie under the stars or watch the Disneyland park fireworks show from the rooftop deck, when available.
Exclusive Access: Guests staying at Disneyland Resort hotels also may take advantage of Extra Magic Hour, which provides early entry to select Disneyland or Disney California Adventure attractions (valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key required) on every day of their stay.
More Fun Facts:
- Kids can lounge in beach chairs and watch classic Disney cartoons on a sandcastle-shaped screen at the Paradise Theater located inside the hotel.
- The Sand Bar near the hotel’s rooftop pool is a new dining spot that offers a California-inspired menu including ceviche, Angus beef burgers, plant-based PB&J sandwiches, frozen treats and specialty cocktails, with exquisite views of the Disneyland Resort and seasonal fireworks displays.
- Amenities include Mickey’s Beach Fitness Center, complimentary Wi-Fi in all guest rooms, a business center, in-room dining services, merchandise delivery and the Mickey in Paradise gift shop.
- The California Streamin’ waterslide stands at 186 feet high, twisting and turning into its own miniature pool on the rooftop deck.
- Guests with an ambitious sweet tooth are challenged to try the Kitchen Sink ice cream sundae at Disney’s PCH Grill, containing 10 scoops of ice cream, every available topping and an entire can of whipped cream.
By The Numbers:
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel towers at 15 stories high with a total of 481 guest rooms, including suites and poolside cabana rooms.
- The hotel houses more than 24,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including the 7,250 square foot Pacific Ballroom and 15 breakout rooms.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.