Another week of big news out of Disney. We finally have an opening date for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure! We also got a big update on the reopening of Disneyland and California Adventure, and Blizzard Beach reopened. Disney announced a new alternative to MagicBands, and the first of the 50th Anniversary decorations are starting to go up on Cinderella Castle. Don’t miss the new foodie guide for St Patrick’s day. All this and more below in this week’s news roundup.
1 – Disney Announces Alternative to DisneyMagic Band Coming Later This Year
This week Disney announced a new service, MagicMobile service, that will debut later this year. Disney MagicMobile service is a convenient and contactless way to access MagicBand features like theme park entry through the power of your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other smart device. The service will be rolled out in phases. MagicBands will still be sold, and guests will be able to use them.
2 – Opening Date for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Announced!
During Tuesday’s virtual annual meeting of The Walt Disney Company’s shareholders, Disney CEO Bob Chapek announced the grand opening of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT will be October 1, 2021. This new family-friendly attraction will officially debut as part of the kickoff for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” honoring Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary. Learn more about the attraction and new restaurant coming to the expanded France pavilion at the link below.
3 – Disneyland Resort Opening Update
After the governor of California cleared the way for Disneyland Resort to reopen April 1 or later, Disney has issued a response about when they will reopen. Check out the statement below.
— Disney Parks News (@DisneyParksNews) March 9, 2021
4 – Cinderella Castle Receives First Round of Embellishments
As the 50th Anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World will be here before you know it! This week, the first new embellishments have gone up on Cinderella Castle. Learn more at the link below.
5 – Foodie Guide to St. Patrick’s Day at Disney Parks
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, and Disney Parks are celebrating with limited-time treats. Learn more at the link below.
6 – Blizzard Beach Now Open
Blizzard Beach is now open! Cindy visited the park on opening day and had a lot of fun. If you are planning on visiting, there are some changes to know about. Learn more at the link below.
7 – Kick Off Spring with Eggstravaganza and More at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort
A spring event is coming to Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort and you don’t want to miss it! Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Valarie Lee:
Mark your calendars now for a spring fling at the Downtown Disney District, open seven days a week at the Disneyland Resort. You’ll be just in time for the return of Eggstravaganza, an egg-themed scavenger hunt taking place March 15 to April 18, 2021, while supplies last.
Eggstravaganza fans know how much fun this event can be for the whole family, and this year it’s only at Downtown Disney District.
Pick up your game board and stickers for $7.99* (plus tax) at select merchandise locations, including the newly reopened WonderGround Gallery. Then let the hunt begin! Search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters. Record your discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the themed Eggstravaganza game board.
Whether you choose to hunt for eggs or not, return your game board to World of Disney or Disney’s Pin Traders to collect a special surprise – one of six collectible eggs!*
Hop on over to Downtown Disney District for Eggstravaganza and more shopping, dining, and snacking fun this spring!
- Spring snacks: National Snack Day is in March, but snacking is fun year-round at Downtown Disney District. Here’s a sample of the tempting treats: Jamba’s Electric Berry Lemonade Smoothie, the Dill Pickle Corn Dog with a side of peanut butter at Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs, and a scoop from Salt & Straw, where picking out a unique, new flavor is part of the fun!
Any day is a good day to stop by Marceline’s Confectionery window and watch candy makers create specialty candy apples. Pick a Minnie design in bright Spring colors, or go for the adorable yellow baby chick (one of my favorites!)
- Spring menu: Check out the spring menu at Naples Ristorante e Bar! And you might want to plan your visit for March 20 – National Ravioli Day!
- Easter basket goodies: Pandora Jewelry’s new collection features Disney’s Alice in Wonderland. Don’t be late in finding some of your favorite characters including Alice, the Cheshire Cat, and Mad Hatter. Visit the Pandora Store and find out more about the upcoming Buy 2, Get 1 Free event starting March 18! You won’t want to miss it!
- Raya-themed art installation: Have you seen Disney’s “Raya and the Last Dragon”? Celebrate Raya’s amazing story by checking out the new artwork in Downtown Disney District created by Xiao Qing Chen, a Walt Disney Imagineering concept designer. And take home your very own Raya doll or Sisu plush, now available at World of Disney and Elias and Co. See “Raya and the Last Dragon” in theaters or order it on Disney+ with Premier Access.
- Easter brunch: Making your plans for April 4? Easter Brunch is on at Uva Bar & Café and Tortilla Jo’s, with “egg-stra” special Easter Brunch menus.
Happy egg-hunting, and check back soon for information about more shopping and dining experiences at Downtown Disney District!
Be sure to visit Disneyland.com/DTD to learn important details about our health and safety measures prior to your arrival, such as the requirement for temperature checks and for all guests, ages 2 and older, to wear an appropriate face covering.
*Purchasing limits will apply, and game boards available while supplies last. Limit of 10 game boards per person. One surprise per game board. Game board redemption valid through April 18, 2021. The experience is subject to restrictions and may change or be cancelled without notice.
What’s New at Walt Disney World Resort
2021 Taste of EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival – Now Through July 5, 2021
Blizzard Beach – Now Open
The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure at EPCOT – Now Open
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew – Now Open
Coming Soon to Walt Disney World
October 1, 2021 – The Most Magical Celebration – 50 Years of Walt Disney World
October 1, 2021 – Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure & France Pavilion Expansion Opens
Star Wars Hotel – 2021
EPCOT Reimagined – Now Through 2022 and Beyond
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.