It’s Springtime at Walt Disney World! Do you know what that means? Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is underway! That’s right, now through July 5, 2021, guests with a valid park admission can explore Epcot surrounded by the endless beauty of all things celebrating spring. Grab a friend’s arm, and skip with us through this year’s highlights that you don’t want to miss!
1 – Disney-Themed Topiaries
Get those cameras ready because this year the Flower and Garden Festival is boasting nearly 100 world-renowned Disney-themed topiaries. This array of living sculptures shaped like beloved Disney characters are simply breathtaking and provide a unique surprise around every twist and turn. Some topiaries are repeats from previous years (such as Lady and the Tramp in Italy or Snow White and Dopey in Germany) but they are as beautiful as ever. Be on the lookout for topiaries such as Belle and the Beast in France, Donald Duck with Huey, Dewey, and Louie in Showcase Plaza, Buzz near Mission Space, and The Three Caballeros in Mexico. Sorcerer Mickey is back at the front entrance of Epcot with the new fountain as a backdrop! Don’t miss it!
2 – Gardens and Exhibits
Smell that? That’s the aroma of thousands of budding flowers and lush greenery awaiting your visit! The gifted crew of Disney horticulturists have prepared multiple gardens and exhibits – some repeats and some newbies! The exhibits include the Alpine Containers (plant life above the tree line) and the Tropical Rainforest Garden (learn about Mexican rainforests). Our favorite repeats would have to be the Goodness Garden Butterfly House (several species of butterflies flutter around you) and the Shakespeare Garden in the United Kingdom (famous quotes and flowers). Just so much to see and experience!
3 – Live Music Throughout the Festival
Fans of live entertainment will have plenty to enjoy this year as music springs to life around World Showcase.
- New this year, featured musical groups from the Orlando area perform songs of yesterday and today at America Gardens Theatre every Friday through Monday of the festival.
- Voices of Liberty perform an all-American a cappella showcase at America Gardens Theatre, celebrating the landscape, heart and human spirit of America.
- Mariachi Cobre takes the America Gardens Theatre stage for performances of world-famous Mexican folk music.
- The Jammin’ Gardeners play rhythmic beats with inspired backyard percussion on the Mill Stage at the Canada pavilion.
- In World Showplace, the EPCOT Pianist plays a selection of popular songs ideal for springtime.
Disney Cast Member Mark shares more information on the entertainment offerings below:
4 – Outdoor Kitchens
Check out all of the freshest ingredients with Outdoor Kitchens “farm-to-table” offerings. Much like Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, the Outdoor Kitchens portion of Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival offers tasty treats, meals, and beverages around the World Showcase and in other locations throughout the park. 18 Outdoor Kitchens are available with new selections this year. Taste the very freshest, locally grown ingredients as you travel throughout Epcot!
5 – Scavenger Hunts Offer Family Fun
Special themed scavenger hunts encourage guests to explore the festival and provide a fun way for families and friends to spend their day at the park.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration – Gardeners of all ages follow Spike on his pollination trail, where he will be busy as a bee collecting nectar and pollinating gardens throughout EPCOT. (Map purchase required, available while supplies last at select retail locations.)
- Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt (Beginning March 19) – Guests set out on a delightful hunt across the park for decorative eggs inspired by Disney characters. (Map purchase required, available while supplies last at select retail locations for a limited time.)
- Garden Graze – Guests who purchase five festival menu items from select locations receive a complimentary commemorative keepsake; guests can pick up a Festival Passport to get started.
6 – Flower and Garden Festival Passport
Did you know, much like Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival has a Passport to guide guests through the many activities? You’ll want to be sure to snag a Passport upon entrance to the park.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.