Disneyland parks and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa have reopened and dining has been limited. Thankfully, Disney has announced more dining location reopening dates. Learn more below.
Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Karen McClintock:
We hope you are hungry for more Disneyland restaurant openings! As we continue to reopen our dining locations, we will update this Dining Guide, giving you one source to find which restaurants are open … or soon to open!
We are excited to announce the latest restaurants to join the reopening list:
- Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
- Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
- Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
- Storytellers Café (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
- GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)
(Note: Dates and locations subject to change.)
Reminder to download or update the Disneyland mobile app*, as this is the primary way to order food and beverages at most quick-service dining locations. Here is a link for additional details on mobile order.
Our full-service park locations have limited seating capacity for guests with confirmed theme park reservations and tickets for the same park on the same date 60 days in advance with mobile check-in and mobile wait-list at select full-service locations, available on the Disneyland mobile app.
Visit the Dining: Know Before You Go for more information. Be sure to have the latest version of the app downloaded and installed on your mobile device.
Check out our Know Before You Go post to learn more about theme park reservations, tickets, and more.
- Bengal Barbecue (mobile order available)
- Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Café Orleans
- French Market Restaurant (mobile order available)
- Galactic Grill (mobile order available)
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (mobile order available)
- Jolly Holliday Bakery Café (mobile order available)
- Little Red Wagon (mobile order available)
- Market House
- Milk Stand (mobile order available)
- Mint Julep Bar (mobile order available)
- Plaza Inn (mobile order available)
- Red Rose Taverne (mobile order available)
- River Belle Terrace
- Ronto Roasters (mobile order available)
- Ship to Shore Marketplace
- Stage Door Café (mobile order available)
- The Tropical Hideaway (mobile order available)
- Toon-Up Treats
- Various vending carts serving ice cream, popcorn, churros, beverages, snacks, and hot foods
Disney California Adventure Park
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats (mobile order available)
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace (open exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests)
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners (mobile order available)
- Cappuccino Cart – Gourmet Coffee (mobile order available)
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (mobile order available)
- Cozy Cone Motel (mobile order available)
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical
- Flo’s V-8 Café (mobile order available)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
- Hollywood Lounge (mobile order available)
- Lamplight Lounge
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co. (mobile order available)
- Paradise Garden Grill (mobile order available)
- Poultry Palace
- Rita’s Baja Blenders (mobile order available)
- Smokejumpers Grill (mobile order available)
- Sonoma Terrace (mobile order available)
- Studio Catering Co. (mobile order temporarily available through Hollywood Lounge)
- Various vending carts serving ice cream, popcorn, churros, beverages, snacks, and hot foods
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Note: Only guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be able to dine at these locations through May 27. Starting May 28, these locations will be open to all guests.
- GCH Craftsman Bar
- GCH Craftsman Grill (mobile order available)
- Hearthstone Lounge (mobile order available)
- Napa Rose (dinner only)
- Storytellers Café (breakfast and dinner; no characters)
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
RELATED ARTICLE: 10 Ways to Use the Disneyland App and Digital Technology When Visiting the Disneyland Resort
With just a click, a tap or a swipe, guests can use their smart phones in exciting new ways on their next visits to the Disneyland Resort. These convenient digital features are designed to be easy and intuitive, save time, and also support a more contactless experience.
Now that both Disneyland Resort theme parks and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa have reopened, here are 10 ways guests can tap into digital technology to maximize their experience:
1 – Download the Disneyland App
The official app for the Disneyland Resort is filled with convenient and enchanting features. Guests can link their tickets, view menus, mobile order food and beverages from select locations, make dining reservations, view attraction wait times, park maps, hours of operation, request to join a virtual queue and more.
Tip! Guests are encouraged to download the latest version of the app prior to their visit to familiarize themselves with all its tools.* It is recommended to have location services enabled and turn on notifications for important updates and information about the Disneyland Resort.
* Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some app features require valid theme park admission and park reservation.
2 – Plan Ahead with Mobile Order
The mobile ordering service is the main way to order food and beverages at many dining locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. More locations are being added and existing locations are expanding mobile order lanes and pick-up windows. When in the parks, food and beverages can only be consumed in designated dining areas, following the state’s guidelines.
Tip! It’s recommended that guests place their orders early in the day to make sure their meal is prepared at their preferred dining time. When arriving at the restaurant, guests tap “I’m here,” in the app and head to the pick-up area. The number of available times at each food and beverage location is limited, yet there are many dining choices throughout the parks
3 – Join the Virtual Queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Upon reopening the theme parks, the Disneyland Resort will continue using a virtual queue system for one of the most popular experiences at Disneyland Resort, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and guests can only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Beginning April 30, 2021, distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be at 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. daily.** Valid ticket and theme park reservation for Disneyland Park required. For how-to details, visit here.
Tip! If guests start their day at Disneyland park, they can check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of your park reservation right from your phone from wherever they are, prior to arriving at Disneyland. To access the virtual queue opportunity beginning at 12 p.m., guests should be sure to enter Disneyland, or Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket, by noon. Guests who begin their day at Disney California Adventure and who have obtained a boarding group may then enter Disneyland with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group, subject to availability.
**You must have a valid admission ticket and theme park reservation for Disneyland park. Access to a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day. Distribution times are subject to change or cancellation. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
4 – Capture Memories with New Disney PhotoPass+ One Day
From the beauty of Sleeping Beauty Castle to the free-fall drop on Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, guests can capture their unforgettable moments at the Disneyland Resort with unlimited downloads of your Disney PhotoPass photos from one day. The new Disney PhotoPass+ One Day is available for $19.99 through the Disneyland app. Disney PhotoPass+ One Week is also available.***
Tip! Guests can ask Disney PhotoPass photographers to add a little magic to their photos.
5 – View Menus with QR Codes
Guests can scan QR codes at select quick service and table service dining locations throughout the Disneyland Resort to view digital menus, reducing contact and adding convenience to their dining experience.
6 – Join a Mobile Dine Walk-Up List
If guests do not have a dining reservation, they now have the opportunity to add their party to the mobile walk-up list at select table-service restaurants on the Disneyland app. (Subject to availability).
7 – Mobile Check-in for Dining Reservations
Guests can maximize their time—and minimize their contact with others— with this new service by checking in for dining reservations at select table-service restaurants via the Disneyland app.
8 – Merchandise Mobile Checkout
When shopping at World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District, guests can scan their new treasures to purchase and check-out using the Disneyland app. Guests then show their QR code to a cast member as they exit, and they are all set. The Resort will soon be testing this feature in select stores in the parks.
9 – Use Online Check-In Service for Your Hotel Stay
When staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, guests may use the online check-in service before arriving at the hotel, to help shorten the wait upon arrival and to aid in physical distancing. Guests can opt-in to receive a text message to let them know when their room is ready on arrival day, and their keys will be available for pick-up at the Front Desk.
Tip! Guests can check-in online up to five days in advance prior to their arrival.
10 – Play Disney Parks App
Exploring the parks with the Play Disney Parks app offers unique experiences and family-friendly activities. For example, there are enhanced adventures using the Star Wars: Datapad at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, where players can scan encrypted cargo, translate galactic languages and hack into droids. The Play Disney Parks App offers interactive activities for individuals and groups, themed trivia challenges and the opportunity to earn achievements.***
*** Disney PhotoPass+ products are subject to the Disney PhotoPass+ terms found in https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-terms-conditions/. Disney PhotoPass+ One Day includes photos and videos captured at Disneyland Resort beginning at 6:00 a.m. PT on the day you activate the product and ending at 5:59 a.m. PT the following day. Disney PhotoPass+ One Week includes photos and videos captured at Disneyland Resort beginning at 6:00 a.m. PT on the day you activate the product and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT the sixth day after such date. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass photos and videos in your account will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-expiration- policy/. Downloads are restricted to personal use only. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos or videos. Valid theme park admission and park reservation required to access most Disney PhotoPass Service locations. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.