Exploring Copper Creek’s Cascade Cabins and Polynesian’s Bora Bora Bungalows At Walt Disney World
Take your magical Deluxe resort stay one step further with an unforgettable experience at Disney World’s BEST of the best! Whether you want to curl up next to the fireplace in a high-end cabin or enjoy a tropical paradise bungalow style – look no further! Join us as we explore Copper Creek’s Cascade Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort and the Polynesian Bora Bora Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. It can’t hurt to dream big!
Copper Creek’s Cascade Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
One step into Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort and you’ll totally forget you are in the heart of Orlando, Florida. Be whisked away with a warm and cozy, mountain feel that is ever so apparent in the architectural design, décor, and atmosphere the Wilderness Lodge has to offer. The lobby is outstanding but so are the Standard rooms and the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Studios, Villas, and Grand Villas. We thought all that was wonderful enough but Disney obviously was going for that extra, extra step of magic to keep their guests dreaming of even greater things. Here enters the Cascade Cabins!
- Location: Get away from all the Disney World hustle and bustle and take fortress in one of the 26 private, waterfront cabins. The path for these cabins begins just past the Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and Geyser Point Bar and Grill. While our tour was of the first cabin along the path, our guide informed us that privacy just gets even more amazing as you continue down the path. The location is definitely out of the way which makes for an intimate cabin feel.
- Atmosphere: All 26 cabins are identical in design with slight changes in what you can expect to see out the window with wall to wall views once inside of the large lagoon. Once through the front door that trendy, clean, yet rustic décor pops. It’s an instant at-home feel where you just want to throw off your shoes and cozy up with loved ones! Besides the water views, the heart of the cabin is the double-sided stone-hearth fireplace. This double-sided fireplace allows guests to stay inside to enjoy the fireplace or take a seat in a rocker outside.
- Sleeping Arrangements: There are two large bedrooms but more sleeping space in the living room is available if needed with the total ability to sleep up to eight adult guests comfortably. Sleeping arrangements offer one king bed, one queen bed, one queen-size sleeper sofa, one bunk-size pull-down bed, and one twin-size sleeper chair.
- Bathroom Arrangements: Two full bathrooms are available with one bathroom serving much like a master bath which is off the main bedroom and largest in size. This bathroom features a massive garden tub, shower, and TV inside the large mirror so you don’t get bored while brushing your teeth we suppose! The other bathroom has a separate room for the toilet and sink with another door to enter the shower space with another sink.
- Living Room/Kitchen Highlights: The design throughout the kitchen is so sleek and modern that you’ll find yourself wanting to run your hand along the smooth kitchen island. The entire living room and kitchen is one big open floor plan making it a perfect place to spend time with family in or out of the fully equipped kitchen. You won’t miss a minute of what’s one TV either with the large TV floating above the fireplace mantle. We also appreciate the stacked washer and dryer as a family with kids.
- Outdoor Masterpiece: And now the WOW factor! We couldn’t get enough of the huge outside screened-in porch. Not only are the lagoon views perfect but the private spa was a WOW moment! Your own private hot tub at Disney World with a lake view! This screened porch wraps around the side of the cabin which gives outdoor access to the double-sided fireplace as mentioned above.
- The Price: Well, with all this excellence, you can expect to spend a pretty penny. One night in a Cascade Cabin starts at right around $2238 before taxes (and that’s value season). In 2022, the week between Christmas and New Year’s has rates at $4173 a night! If you are a Disney Vacation Club member, points start at 87 points per night. So, yes, it is likely a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will have you wanting to stay inside your cabin to enjoy every moment of it instead of touring the parks or any other part of Disney World, for that matter.
Bora Bora Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Palm trees, sand between the toes, hammocks, warm welcomes, and Dole Whips! We are slightly biased as Disney’s Polynesian Resort is at the top of our favorite Disney Resort list. The theming exudes all things vacation in our minds. We dream of moving in and staying forever at the Polynesian! Until that unobtainable goal comes to fruition, we’ll continue to enjoy the rooms and amenities offered as often as possible. As you’d expect… Disney made what was already perfect and went to an even more impressive level of magnificence! Yes, we are talking about the Bora Bora Bungalows that we fantasize about below.
- Location: Location, location, location! The location of the Polynesian Bungalows simply can’t be beaten. While, yes, the Cascade Cabins may offer a little more privacy, the water that literally surrounds the Bungalows. That, combined with the very best views of Magic Kingdom, are without a doubt unobtainable outside of any one of these twenty Bungalows.
- Atmosphere: The 20 identical bungalows match the Polynesian theming, décor, and vibe beautifully. Feel as if you are floating across the water to your Bungalow as you walk across the wooden plank bridge into your oasis. Water views invade every corner of the bungalow which makes it feels as if you are floating. This Polynesian interior is tropical, modern and has that feeling that will leave you wanting to make a drink and sit back with your feet propped up. True relaxation!
- Sleeping Arrangements: Just like the Cascade Cabins, there are two large bedrooms but more sleeping space in the living room if needed with the total ability to sleep up to eight adult guests comfortably. Sleeping arrangements are slightly different with one king bed, one queen bed, one queen-size sleeper sofa, and two bunk-size pull-down beds.
- Bathroom Arrangements: Once again, much like Cascade Cabins, the Bungalows have two full bathrooms with one bathroom serving much like a master bathroom with a massive tub, separate shower, and TV inside the large mirror. Both bathrooms have a separate room for the toilet and sink with another door to enter the shower space.
- Living Room/Kitchen Highlights: The design throughout the Bungalow is that modern yet retro feel much like the rest of the Polynesian with lava-rock inspired surfaces and bronze tones. Everything is so high-end but this is especially obvious with the fully equipped kitchen. The living room and kitchen is again one big open floor plan which makes family time easy. The stacked washer and dryer available in the Cabins is the same for the Bungalows.
- Outdoor Masterpiece: If you thought the views from the porch were amazing at Cascade Cabins, just take one step out on the porch of your Bungalow! Each Bungalow is positioned for a view of Magic Kingdom fireworks from the back deck and features speakers that can pipe in the music along with the show. Not only are the fireworks amazing to watch at night, but watch the Electrical Parade in what feels like an arms reach away. During the day, you can enjoy laying out back with views your neighbor, the Cinderella Castle, off in the distance. Too hot? Cool off in your own personal plunge pool!
- The Price: Ok, deep breath… ready for this?! One night in a Polynesian Bungalow starts at right around $3168 before taxes during value season. If you are a Disney Vacation Club member, points start at 113 points per night. Hey look, the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio says that dreams do come true! We suppose we just need to start wishing on more stars.
What would be your luxury stay of choice… Cascade Cabins or Bora Bora Bungalows? Go ahead and dream big!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.