The EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival is now open and runs through July 4, 2022, cultivating fresh experiences for the entire family as part of the “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary. Over the course of 125 days, the event is one of the longest flower and garden festivals in the United States. Learn more about what you don’t want to miss below!
1 – Disney Character Topiaries
This year’s festival features nearly one hundred individual topiaries including a new main entrance display featuring Goofy with a birthday cake celebrating the Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary. Also, new and updated Seven Dwarf topiaries accompany Snow White near the Germany pavilion in World Showcase. Returning favorites include Lumiere and Cogsworth topiaries in the France pavilion; Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc between the United Kingdom and Canada pavilions; and Pumbaa and Timon near Imagination!
2 – New Gardens to Enjoy
Near a topiary of Chef Remy in the newly expanded France pavilion in World Showcase, a new France Bouquet Garden invites guests to admire blooms perfect for a bouquet of cut flowers. On the bridge to World Showcase, guests can enjoy the sights and scents of spring at a new garden, Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy. Surrounded by vibrant butterfly topiaries, guests can follow their noses to six scent stations – floral, fruity, citrus, spice, woods and fresh – to form lasting memories with the help of unforgettable aromas.
3 – Outdoor Family Fun
The Health Full Trail presented by AdventHealth offers a fun way for families to play and learn how to stay healthy, and Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents lets guests enjoy a moment of relaxation, while learning how easy it is to create an outdoor escape of their own. The Honey Bee-stro hosted by National Honey BoardTM invites guests to learn about the critical role honey bees play in the environment. Bambi’s Butterfly House enchants guests with a kaleidoscope of butterflies showing off their extraordinary beauty and colors. And, the ever-popular Green Landing Family Play Zone in World Discovery lets the little ones frolic with WALL-E in his eco-friendly garden.
4 – Garden Rocks Concert Series
Live musical performances at the America Gardens Theatre are making their much-anticipated
encore featuring internationally recognized artists Friday through Monday and local bands rocking the house Tuesday through Thursday. This year’s lineup includes:
- CeCe Winans
- Kool & The Gang
- Rick Springfield
- The Pointer Sisters
- Don McLean
- Collin Raye
- Blue October
- Little River Band
- Thelma Houston
- STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- Latin hitmakers Melina León and Claudia Leitte And many others!
With a Garden Rocks Dining Package (available for Friday through Monday concerts), guests can enjoy a leisurely meal at a select EPCOT restaurant and guaranteed seating at one of the performances later that same day. To see pricing, the full lineup of artists and performance dates, and to make a dining package reservation, guests may visit FreshEPCOT.com.
5 – 18 Outdoor Kitchens
Whether it’s on the plate or in the glass, the finest of spring’s bounty is showcased at nearly 20 Outdoor Kitchens offering a variety of tasty dishes, desserts and specialty sips. Here is just a sampling of the more than 50 brand-new offerings:
- EPCOT Farmers Feast presents an abundance of flavor with a rotating seasonal menu that will change three times throughout the festival. Some highlights include:
- March 2 to April 9: “Early Bloom” Menu offers Chilled Potato and Leek Soup “Vichyssoise” with chive oil and crispy leeks; and Goat Cheese Creamsicle Pop – goat cheese crémeux, orange cream, olive oil cake, cranberry sauce, and praline
- April 10 to May 21: “Springtime” Menu will feature Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta with marinated peppers, zucchini, squash, artichokes, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze on grilled ciabatta
- May 22 to July 4: “Summer Solstice” Menu will feature A Whole Lotta Melon – feta cheesecake with watermelon curd, pickled watermelon rind, watermelon caramel, and compressed watermelon
- The Citrus Blossom bursts with intriguing flavors such as Crispy Mojo Marinated Pork Belly with avocado cream, corn salsa, salsa verde, and plantain chips; and the Grapefruit Tart featuring grapefruit curd, lychee jam, ginger mousse, and yuzu cream.
- La Isla Fresca showcases the Coconut Tres Leches: vanilla cake soaked in oat milk, almond milk, and coconut milk with toasted coconut.
- Tangierine Café serves up an herbal-inspired delight with the Mediterranean Flatbread with Za’atar, featuring artichokes, olives, mozzarella, and feta cheese.
6 – Festival Merchandise
This year’s festival merchandise introduces five new collections to the event’s bountiful selection. Guests can visit Festival Markets throughout EPCOT to shop for official event merchandise, including:
- Orange Bird Collection, eye-catching fashions, accessories and adorable keepsakes.
- Mickey Mouse Home Garden Collection, a vibrant assortment of apparel, drinkware, yard tools and other coordinating accessories.
- Spike The Bee Collection, evoking nostalgia for longtime Disney fans with a variety of collectible novelties, apparel and accessories.
- Figment’s Garden Collection, paying tribute to Figment’s love of all things purple – including beets.
- The whimsical Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Collection, featuring an array of items depicting those true originals in dapper ensembles ready for a stroll in the garden.
Merchandise can be found at festival retail locations across EPCOT beginning on March 2, with additional pieces debuting throughout the festival. Select items are also available on shopDisney.com.
Click here for photos of the 2022 EPCOT Flower and Garden merchandise!
7 – Spaceship Earth – Beacons of Magic – Colors of the Wind
You also don’t want to miss a new Beacons of Magic lighting and music sequence during this year’s festival. The new sequence is set to “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas. Imagineer Zach Riddley said on Instagram:
“Our Imagineering team set this stunning new sequence to the Academy-Award winning song ‘Colors of the Wind’ from the 1995 Walt Disney Animation Studios film ‘Pocahontas’. The orchestral variation of this song was chosen for its message of intrinsic value and respect for beauty of nature and living things – with new visual flourishes that evoke the musical scene from the film with techniques entirely original for Spaceship Earth.
Keep a look out for a few homages for fans who know the film and the song well. We also have – for the first time – Spaceship Earth will glimmer in vibrant greens, earth tones and pastels to celebrate the rejuvenation of spring.”
This new sequence is the third to debut for an EPCOT festival after a holiday-themed sequence and the Rainbow Connection sequence for the Festival of the Arts.
8 – Food Stroll and Scavenger Hunt Encourage Exploration
Guests can have even more fun exploring the festival by participating in interactive experiences (separate purchase required):
- Garden Graze is a fun food stroll highlighting five delicious sweet and savory offerings listed in the Festival Passport. After their purchase, guests can complete the graze by collecting stamps in their passport to receive a special prize.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration is a fun scavenger hunt for kids of all ages. Maps and stickers can be purchased at select merchandise locations (available while supplies last). Guests can then complete their map to receive a special prize.
9 – New EPCOT Experiences Celebrate Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary
New experiences introduced as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” offer even more ways to cultivate fresh experiences at this year’s festival:
- Guests can enjoy Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in the France pavilion and join Chef Remy on a daring and epic culinary journey as they zip, dash and scurry through Gusteau’s bustling Paris restaurant.
- Also new at EPCOT is another delight for the senses: “Harmonious” – one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park.
To experience the 2022 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, guests need both a valid park admission and a park reservation for EPCOT on the same date. For more details on this year’s festival, guests can visit FreshEPCOT.com.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.