NEWS: Firework Dessert Parties Return to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
The first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is just around the corner, and soon guests will be able to make reservations for two different Firework Dessert Parties at Magic Kingdom. Learn more below.
One of the most anticipated offerings of the Halloween Party is the return of “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular,” a Halloween-themed fireworks show that debuted in 2018. The fireworks have not been seen since 2019, which is the last time the party was available. Guests line up early to watch the 9:15 pm parade and then stay there for the fireworks at 10:15 pm. Many guests prefer to have guaranteed viewing for the fireworks, and if that is you, then you may want to consider the Dessert Parties.
Two Dessert Party Options
There are two options available: (1) the “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing” or (2) the “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace.”
Both options include an assortment of desserts such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, seasonal fruits, cheeses, and other “ghoulish goodies” and an assortment of beverages. Beer and wine are available for guests over 21.
The difference between the parties (in addition to price) is where you view the fireworks. With the Plaza Garden option, you’ll be taken to the Plaza Garden, where you’ll stand to view the fireworks. With the Tomorrowland Terrace option, you’ll be able to view the fireworks while seated on the restaurant’s terrace.
Pricing for the Dessert Parties
Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
- Price: $99 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $59 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9
Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
- Price: $115 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $69 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9
It’s important to note that a valid admission ticket for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party on the same night is required and is not included in the price of the dessert party. Since the Halloween Party prices range from $109-$199, you’ll be spending a lot of money in one evening if you add a dessert party. While it may not be for everyone, anyone who wants a guaranteed viewing location for the fireworks may consider it money well spent.
Advance reservations will open online beginning August 9, 2022. We highly recommend making reservations if you want to attend one of these parties.
2022 Event Dates
- August 12, 16, 19, 23, 26 and 30
- September 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29 and 30
- October 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31
RELATED ARTICLE: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to Return in 2022! Dates Released!
Happy #HalfwaytoHalloween! That’s right, we’re just about six months away from Halloween and Disney is celebrating with their annual #HalfwaytoHalloween event. Disney has just announced the most frightfully exciting news that the very popular Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party WILL return in 2022. This will be the first time the party has been offered since 2019 (no event in 2020 and Disney After Hours Boo Bash in 2021). We are so excited! Catch all the details below!
Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Jacqueline Logan:
Here at Walt Disney World Resort, we’re celebrating #HalfwaytoHalloween with all treats and no tricks! In honor of the #HalfwaytoHalloween festivities taking place across Disney Parks this week, we’ve teamed up with “Hocus Pocus 2” star Doug Jones to make a very exciting announcement.
There you have it! Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary celebration. Keep reading for details about this fall-favorite event and learn how you can get into the spirit early by taking part in the #HalfwaytoHalloween festivities.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
This fall, ghosts and ghouls of all ages are invited to don their favorite costumes and celebrate all things haunted during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Taking place on 37 select nights from Aug. 12 through Oct. 31, 2022, this special event haunts Magic Kingdom Park after normal park operating hours from 7 p.m. to midnight.
As a part of this limited-capacity event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party attendees will encounter event-exclusive entertainment, notorious Disney villains, frightfully delicious menu items and more! Here’s some of what’s in store:
- The Headless Horseman will ride his ghostly steed down Main Street, U.S.A. as a prelude to “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” which features floats filled with Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best, Disney villains and the Haunted Mansion graveyard diggers.
- What’s Halloween without candy? During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, guests can go trick-or-treating for M&M’S, SKITTLES, SNICKERS, and other Halloween favorites at locations throughout Magic Kingdom Park. And new this year, guests will also receive a reusable trick-or-treat bag featuring a keepsake 50th Anniversary celebration and Halloween design.
- Join the Sanderson Sisters during the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show at Cinderella Castle as they call upon their frightening colleagues to conjure the ultimate “Hocus Pocus” Party Potion.
- Celebrate the season alongside favorite Disney characters as they take over the park for their favorite party of the year.
- Overlays themed for the occasion will return to several popular Magic Kingdom attractions: Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.
- The Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington, will host “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.” This can’t-miss nighttime extravaganza features projections, special effects and lighting mixed with fireworks, music and Disney characters.
- Discover sweet and savory menu items inspired by fall flavors and the Halloween season.
- NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, we’re adding even more fun to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year in the form of event-exclusive step-in photo opportunities. And in addition to the reusable trick-or-treating tote bag, guests will also receive a Halloween-themed 50thAnniversary celebration commemorative print.
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party may be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240. Ticket prices will range from $109 – $199. The event dates are:
- August: 12, 16 (sold out), 19, 23, 26, 30
- September: 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
- October: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31 (sold out)
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members may purchase specially priced tickets for select dates.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.