With the major news regarding significant changes to Disney World annual passes, we’ve been getting lot’s of questions about what this means for current pass holders. For more details on changes to annual passes click here.
We’ve been on the phone with Disney this morning to confirm some details for existing pass holders. Below are answers to the most commonly asked questions we’ve been receiving as well as an email we received from Disney Destinations.
- Will existing passes be automatically converted to the new passes? – Answer: No
- Can existing pass holders upgrade to the new passes? – Answers: Yes. Existing pass holders have the option of waiting until their current passes renew or upgrading now for the price difference between their existing pass and the new pass.
- Is the upgrade fee prorated? – Answer: No. The upgrade fee is a flat fee regardless of how long you have left on your existing pass.
- With the new PhotoPass benefit, who’s pictures do I get to see? – Answer: As of now, your unlimited PhotoPass downloads apply to picture of anyone you are connected to in your MyDisney account regardless of whether they have the PhotoPass benefit or not. Please note, we were told this was “for now” and was being evaluated and may change.
- Have any benefits been removed? – Answer: No. No benefits have been removed for current annual pass holders.
We will continue to track this story and bring you additional updates as we have them. To make sure you are the first to know and don’t miss important information, be sure to sign up for our newsletter in the right had column.
Dear XXXXXX Family:
Thank you for being a Walt Disney World® Passholder!
Today we are introducing a new portfolio of Passes that has been designed to offer a wider variety of options and entitlements to best fit the needs of our Passholders. As a valued Guest and frequent visitor to Walt Disney World Resort, we want you to be among the first to know about these program enhancements.
Rest assured that your current Pass has not changed and will remain valid through your Pass’s expiration date. When it is time for you to renew, you will have a new set of Pass options that offer great flexibility and value to enjoy our Walt Disney World Theme Parks, and even some new benefits!
Please remember, your current Pass has not changed and will remain valid through your Pass’s expiration date. And because you’re an existing Passholder, when your Pass does expire, you will be able to purchase any of these new Pass options at a special Passholder renewal rate – of up to 15% savings†!
The upcoming year will be an exciting one at Walt Disney World Resort, with new Star Wars™ experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and new nighttime entertainment debuting at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park this spring. We sincerely hope you are enjoying your current experience, and will continue to join us for another year as a valued Walt Disney World Passholder.
Your Walt Disney World Passholder Program Friends