Disney loves to celebrate anniversaries and this year marks the 25th year since the launch of Disney Vacation Club. It true Disney tradition, they plan to pull out the stops and make this year a special one for guests. It’s hard to believe it’s been a quarter century, but in that time DVC has grown from one resort (now called Old Key West) on Disney World property to 13 resorts including the Florida coast, Disneyland and Hawaii. Disney Vacation Club is Disney version of the timeshare with some more flexibility and benefits.
To celebrate DVC’s 25th anniversary, in 2016 Disney will introduce the following new benefits and special events:
- Complimentary party in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom on the evenings of February 25 and March 3
- Complimentary beach party at Typhoon Lagoon the evenings of June 23, 29, July 6 & 13
- Complimentary Safari Spectacular party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom the evenings of September 6, 13, 22 & 27
- Complimentary Christmas party during the holiday season (dates and time TBD)
- Special ticket offer that includes a free day with every pass of 4 days or more
- Members only lounge in Epcot featuring comfortable seating, complimentary soft drinks, computers and printers, free Wi-Fi and charging stations.
- Free vacation sweepstakes for 25 different vacation experiences including cruises, nights in the Cinderella Castle in Disney World and the Dream Suite in Disneyland, and more.
- Several special fall experiences in New York City
- Special 25th Anniversary member cards, pins and merchandise
Disney Vacation Club will also be making several improvements to their vacation planning and member services. All in all, it will be a great year to be a Disney Vacation Club member. For more information on DVC click here.