Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park – What You Need to Know
Cars Land invites guests to step right into Radiator Springs and meet all of their favorite friends from the hit Disney and Pixar films “Cars,” “Cars 2” and “Cars 3.” Spanning a whopping twelve acres in Disney California Adventure Park, Cars Land is truly a must-see for anyone visiting the Disneyland Resort. Cars Land is home to one of the largest and most elaborate attractions created for any Disney theme park, Radiator Springs Racers. Learn more about this amazing land below.
1 – History of the Land
Cars Land opened in June 2012 and is what Bob Iger, former executive chairman of The Walt Disney Company, called the “crown jewel of our Disney California Adventure expansion.” The land is an exciting experience for the entire family that captures the essence of Disney storytelling. Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree receive delightful overlays each holiday season, transforming into Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Jingle Jamboree. Guests can interact and pose for pictures with Lightning McQueen, Mater, and their friend Cruz Ramirez from the Disney and Pixar film “Cars 3.”
2 – Attractions in Cars Land
Cars Land features three attractions. Cars Land’s only Disney FastPass attraction is Radiator Springs Racers, where the entire “Cars” gang welcomes guests to take the wheel and zoom through Radiator Springs and Ornament Valley. Radiator Springs Racers combines classic storytelling in Disney “dark ride” fashion with a thrilling, high-speed race as its grand finale. In Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, Luigi invites guests to join his cousins’ celebration of Race Day in Radiator Springs by hopping aboard miniature Italian roadsters that glide, turn and spin across a trackless “dance floor.” At Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, Mater has everyone join in a “tow-si-do” square dance. Score some roadside souvenirs atSarge’s Surplus Hut, Radiator Springs Curios and Ramone’s House of Body Art.
3 – Entertainment
The cast of “Cars” makes sure guests have plenty of entertainment during their journey down Route 66. Lightning McQueen, Mater, Red, and Cruz Ramirez interact with guests and pose for pictures throughout the day.
4 – Dining
Modeled after roadside eateries along the original Route 66, Flo’s V8 Cafe is a delicious quick-service dining location for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Now, guests may use the mobile ordering feature on the Disneyland app, for convenient mobile ordering and quick pick-up at Flo’s. Some of the menu’s highlights include Flo’s famous fried chicken, brioche French toast with salted caramel and bananas, and Flo’s classic shake for dessert. If you’re looking for a snack, Cozy Cone Motel and Fillmore’s Taste-In offer a wide variety of delicious treats from organic fruits to chili “cone” queso.
5 – Imaginative Landscaping
The landscape throughout Cars Land continues the legendary, detail-oriented storytelling that can only be found at Disney Parks. From the tail-light “flowers” at Cozy Cone Motel to the tire- inspired topiaries just outside Casa Della Tires, the landscape looks as if the beloved cast of “Cars” decorated each of their homes in Cars Land. The dry, rocky look of Cars Land also immerses guests in the Route 66 theme.
6 – Fun Facts
- The peaks of Cadillac Range (from left to right), represent Cadillac tail fins from 1957, 1958, 1959 (the pinnacle), 1960, 1961 & 1962. The mountain range is inspired by an art installation of old Cadillacs half-buried nose-first into the ground, known as “Cadillac Ranch” in Amarillo, Texas.
- The rockwork of Cars Land spans nearly 300,000 square feet – making it the largest rockwork construction in any domestic Disney theme.
- Radiator Springs Racers covers six acres – the largest attraction by acreage at the Disneyland Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is the first Disney attraction in the United States with a trackless ride.
- Larry the Cable Guy (voice of Mater from “Cars”) recorded seven original songs for the Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree.
7 – Cast Member Tips
- See Radiator Springs at sunset when 16 neon signs light up the night.
- The Single-rider line for Radiator Springs Racers is an option to minimize your wait. However, your group will be separated and each member of your party must be at least seven years old to experience the attraction as a single rider.
- On most days, characters from the film escort the first guests into Cars.
- Look for the Hidden Mickeys on the hoods of the cars in the windows of Ramone’s House of Body.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.