Love is in the air, and there are few things more that we love than discounts. Which is good news because Disney just announced a big discount for February for Passholders and DVC Members. Also, there’s a new exhibit open at Epcot you’ll want to check out. After that, head over to Disney Springs for the corresponding celebration now open. We got an update on the annual Super Bowl parade, and some news of special happenings over on the west coast at Disneyland. Details below in this week’s news roundup.
1 – Walt Disney World Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members – Bonus Discount in February
Once again, Disney has upped the normal 20% off merchandise discount to 30% for the month of February. Catch the details and fine print at the link below.
2 – ‘The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure’ Now Open at EPCOT
“The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure” is now open at The American Adventure inside EPCOT. Featuring Joe Gardner from Disney and Pixar’s “Soul,” this new exhibit showcases historic artifacts of famous jazz musicians, inviting guests on a musical tour of the United States to learn more about this colorful, inspiring and constantly evolving genre of music. Learn more about the exhibit at the link below.
3 – Celebrate Soulfully at Disney Springs This February
“Celebrate Soulfully at Disney Springs” brings together several new offerings debuting in February at the Walt Disney World shopping, dining and entertainment district. With jazz-inspired performances, new art displays, special food menus and more, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Learn more about the offerings at the link below.
4 – Disney Confirms Super Bowl Parade Will Not Happen This Year
Disney has confirmed the annual Super Bowl Parade will not take place this year. Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Darrell Fry:
With Sunday’s big game kicking off just down the road, Disney, like many others, is gearing up for the excitement of Super Bowl weekend. Although Walt Disney World won’t host the annual Super Bowl parade down Main Street U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom Park this year, Disney will continue the time-honored tradition of featuring the Super Bowl star player in the iconic “I’m Going to Disney World!” commercial on Sunday night. Be sure to stay tuned after the big game to catch the commercial on major TV networks and social media! Disney Parks hopes to be able to bring back our other Super Bowl traditions next year, including letting football and Disney fans see and cheer on their favorite player in the park.
This year’s commercial will be the latest installment in a long-running Super Bowl tradition created by Disney in 1987 when New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms first appeared in the commercial following the team’s Super Bowl victory. Since then, the commercial has featured some of the biggest names in Super Bowl history, and we’re excited to see who will be the star of this year’s commercial!
5 – Valentine Gifts and Goodies and Star Wars Trading Post Opening in February at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort
Love is in the air at the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort! Here are all the details from Disney Cast Member Valarie Lee:
Fall in love this February in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort! You’ll find gifts and goodies that steal your heart, just the right match for your culinary craving, something special for all your loved ones, plus outdoor dining and dining reservations – all in time for Valentine’s Day.
Star Wars Trading Post and WonderGround Gallery
First, a sweet surprise: Star Wars Trading Post, which we previewed last month, will open in its new location on February 19, and WonderGround Gallery also re-opens that day with its unique collection of housewares and fashion items!
Star Wars Trading Post becomes your go-to place for all things Star Wars. The design is inspired by a hidden jungle Resistance base and the merchandise offers something for every traveler on their galactic journey – with new collections and even a Paddy Frog light-up sipper!
Be sure to check out the new Child-inspired streetwear collection, with designs inspired by “The Mandalorian” series on Disney+. This all-new collection inspired by Grogu, aka the Child, features t-shirts, leggings, hats and more.
Looking for a fun way to spend your “credits”? Try the Batuuan Spira*, a themed Disney Gift Card available at Star Wars Trading Post and good for spending at select participating locations throughout the Disneyland Resort. The Batuuan Spira is a keepsake that’s both fun and useful.
For Legacy Passholders, there will also be a limited-time magical extra opportunity for Star Wars Trading Post. Visit Disneyland.com/LegacyPassholder for details.
Select outdoor dining is back!
You can enjoy outdoor dining once again in the Downtown Disney District at locations including Naples Ristorante e Bar, Uva Bar & Café, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Tortilla Jo’s and Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes. Ballast Point Brewing Co. has opened its relaxing beer garden, offering the Ballast Point burger, ahi poke, soyrizo & roasted cauliflower tacos and seasonal fare.
Starting February 5, outdoor dining returns to Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining on Buena Vista Street, plus Smokejumpers Grill and Award Wieners.
At select restaurants in Downtown Disney District, you can now book reservations at Disneyland.com – and more locations are coming soon!
Sweep them off their feet with a Valentine’s treat
- Invite someone to be yours with a “Bee Mine” apple, enrobed in red chocolate and decorated with white and dark chocolate with a cute little chocolate bee, available now through February 14 at Marceline’s Confectionery and Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street.
- Kayla’s Cake macarons are so pretty, it’s easy to say: “Just as beautiful as you” when presenting a premium box of six with flavors including rose champagne heart, sea salt caramel and mango dragon fruit.
- What makes a meal from Earl of Sandwich complete? Heart-shaped cookies and brownie desserts paired with a sandwich and a drink.
- And you can’t go wrong with a Red Velvet Cake Batter Shake on the patio at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.
Give a “bundle,” a necklace or new nuiMOs
- Ballast Point Brewing Co. is offering two Valentine bundles for beer lovers: The Single and The Taken, presented in red Ballast Point buckets.** See location for details and here’s a hint: crowlers!
- Stop at Sugarboo & Co. for a sterling silver necklace from the Air Mail collection. Each necklace comes with an envelope to mail your gift to a special someone, with a message of your choice.
- Looking for something rad for your loved one? Look no further than Curl Surf for the latest in beach styles.
- Pink Minnie Mouse ear headbands and Alex and Ani bracelets are sure to please. Or introduce a friend to new Disney nuiMOs, available at World of Disney and Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop. You’ll adore these miniature character plush, and they have outfits and accessories for a fashionable twist!
- The Disney fan in your life will treasure something to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Disney California Adventure park. A limited assortment, including t-shirts with the anniversary logo, will be available starting February 8 at World of Disney and Elias and Co.
Be sure to visit Disneyland.com/DTD to learn important details about our health and safety measures prior to your arrival, such as the requirement for temperature checks and for all guests, ages 2 and older, to wear an appropriate face covering.
Check back soon for information about more shopping and dining experiences coming to the Downtown Disney District! We wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day, filled with love and kindness!
*The Batuuan Spira Gift Card can be purchased for $4.99 plus tax in addition to the chosen activation amount (minimum activation of $100). It is not eligible for discounts, is nonrefundable, and may not be redeemed for cash, except as required by law. Visit DisneyGiftCard.com for complete terms and conditions.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote on a Disney vacation package, please contact our travel partner Magical Vacation Planner at 407-442-0227 (407-442-0215 for Spanish). You can also request a FREE quote online by Clicking HERE.